Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The race to get ready for AOTH is on.

The race to get ready for AOTH is on.

I installed the 1/2 system San Juan fresh water cooling system and the thing works and it doesn't leak.
    If the snow and rain stop, it goes into the lake for a shakedown run this saturday.

DonCig

Don,

The Donzi looks great. Hope everything shakes down fine. Heck, if there is a problem with the Donzi, I personally wouldn't mind seeing the BlackHawk Cig. kick up some KY freshwater! Have a safe trip.
    Scott Boldt

Great looking drive tell us more ! Have you had any issues with the low water pick up's sucking weeds and such ?

Sam

Sam, as of today I do not know how the IMCO is going to work. The Imco -2" shorty is new and untested, the San Juan is new and untested, the Livorsi GPS speedo is new and untested. The only thing I know is that the dual batteries are charged, the oil is fresh, the engine starts; and it is snowing outside. I almost sould like I live in Michigan.

DonCig

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Great looking drive tell us more ! Have you had any issues with the low water pick up's sucking weeds and such ?

Sam
    Last edited by DonCig; 04-27-2005 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Typo

She is going to rock...

I just know it! That drive mod sure looks awesome!

We did all of the major surgery at once on the 22 and the results were amazing and head scratching at the same time.

You are going to want to try all of the props you can get your hands on at AOTH. Thanks to Mr. Boldt, Precision stuff will be in abundance. I would think a 25 Hydro q4 would also be interesting.

A couple more weeks and we ride, Michigan-style weather be d.......

Todd

Todd, thank you for all of your help and guidance over the last year. I am almost done with all of the pre AOTH modifications and I am looking forward to meeting you and Jill at the AOTH. The only thing left to install on my boat is the "Todd top secret" item that we discussed last week that brings on an instantaneous 22 mph top speed boost. The same secret that you use to routinely bury your 80 mph GPS Speedo.

Again Thanks,

DonCig

...the three blade Mirage... ?

:lookaroun :checkered

You all are killing me! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and for the first time.
    Scott Boldt

Well, let's see here...

We've got Catch22 showing up with his 90 mph, pro-charged missle from FLA.
    I just want to see that thing go by me, when I'm running 81 at 5350.

We've got Byron showing up with God-only-knows-what in his 22 from Schoelle skunkworks. I'm not buying the "stock, mild cam" stuff any more, brother.

We've got a couple of psychos showing up in Blackhawks, who always seem to find their way up front. Must be that smoother water.

And DonCig, with what I will predict will be a mid-70's, "stock mag 350", slightly modified 18 Classic. Did I see something earlier about a Scorpion 18 showing up from Indy? If so, Don, get ready...

I am sure their are others, but the show is shaping up, if I do say so Mr. Boldt!

Let's hear about them. Rick Ryan? Leo? Greg K? Where are you guys... awfully quiet out there.... time to come clean!

RT
    "Relegated to spectator status and cook's assistant at AOTH V, how humbling."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip se
    We've got Catch22 showing up with his 90 mph, pro-charged missle from FLA.
    I just want to see that thing go by me, when I'm running 81 at 5350.
    Todd, you may need to come to FL to run w/ Catch's 22. You know that he and his Dad bought Buizilla's Minx. That's what he's bringing. He and Phil Reed are sharing driving duties.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Man, I had to keep the throttle pinned to the glass all the way from Jamestown to Lees Ford last year just to keep from being the last one to lunch. With some of the hardware coming this year I may have to get a head start. I'm looking forward to seeing your ride Doncig and getting my gunnels blown off by a lot of fast Donzis!

- Jeff
    "It ain't easy being stock"
    1994 Donzi 18 Classic
    Carburated 350 Mercruiser Magnum/Alpha One

Stock vs Radical

Jeff, do not worry about your boat being stock, the only thing that my engine has modified on it is a K&N air filter.
    Years ago I was in the Datsun Z car club. I had a beautiful show/race car, a 260Z with a Scarab conversion from CA. 331ci SBC, Muncie M-22 close ratio 4 speed, locked rear axle and a full road race suspension. By the time I was done with this car; it screamed with the best of them. But it had become to radical to go to the store for milk. I promised myself that I would not take this path again. If I was going to repower my 18 it would have to idle, have a reverse gear, run on regular pump gas, pull up a slalom skier, and be a gas and oil type of engine. The day will come when I put a big c.i. engine in it, but a mild durable big c.i. engine!

I am also looking foward to being able to hang with the pack, my desire is not to blow by them!

DonCig
    Last edited by DonCig; 04-29-2005 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo

I hear ya on the durable part, my stock power train has never failed to start and it has run strong for the last 10 years. 64 mph makes me plenty happy. I do have some special interior mods just no speed mods. I can't wait to blast around Cumberland with the Donzi Armada! See ya there!

- Jeff
    1994 Donzi 18 Classic
    Carburated 350 Mercruiser Magnum/Alpha One

last year

at aoth i was told i have a short shaft and little gimbals!!!! now i am a psycho..... what is a p- sick- ho any way, stop useing them big words

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MadPoodle
    what the )(&*(^*&??? There's three of them driving, and they are bringing one boat?? No red rocket?? Heck, not even Phils boat?? That does it boys, turn in your man cards, and your Seadog memberships... You have officialy joined the Geritol generation.....
    Ahhhhhhh.....life is cruel!
    Gina has a new job and can't get off.
    Jim Sr. won't go without Carol and she has dogs to groom.
    Phil wasn't going to go at all and tow his boat that far by himself.
    Yep, at one time we had four Donzis leaving from Lady Lake Florida.
    Now we have an '86 and an '87 Minx leaving from there.
    This is better than nothing.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information