Thread: FREE Lures

FREE Lures

came across this on another site and thought I would share. Free E-tech Lures. Don't know if they work or not, but you can't beat the price.

Free lures

Fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

Thanks!

Frank
    Triple Hatch.
    It's a classic Donzi, not a Donzi Classic.

Uhmmmm, Didn't OMC go out of business???? Anyone know the story?
    Wes
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

I love free ! thanks.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by txtaz
    Uhmmmm, Didn't OMC go out of business???? Anyone know the story?
    Wes
    I really do not follow the white motors too much (mercury guy here), but I beleive OMC declared bankruptcy. Pretty sure Bombardier bought alot of OMC's stuff and are the ones beuiding the motors now. Again, not an expert and just winging this, any one who actually has facts feel free to jump in, I am just here for the lures.
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay

Quote Originally Posted by Fish boy
    I am just here for the lures.
    An alluring Fishboy?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonaFish
    An alluring Fishboy?
    ...is there any other??

SEADOGs TampaBay

Quote Originally Posted by MadPoodle
    Bombardiere building the OMC products now. VASTLY improved.. The E-tec's are getting rave reviews.. The new 250 looks really sharp, and should go purty durn goood
    I have also heard good things about the E-tech.. definitely spins up well.

SEADOGs TampaBay

OMC declared chapter 7 bankruptcy on Dec 22, 2000, I think. I remember reading that OMC had once owned 35% of the industry; but, had declined in sales. There were several parts sold off. The John-Rude portion was sold to Bombardier. They have continued to produce the John-Rude products under their separate badges.

My neighbor had a OMC Evinrude with the ficht technology. They blew up. He then, got a nice credit from Bombardier and bought two new Bombardier era bigger engines, still with the re-engineered ficht technology. He also bought the $5,000 insurance policy - after warranty. Good thing, he has had three power head failures, one lower unit, and two computer units go bad, between the two engines. Therefore, he will sell the boat when the policy runs out. This story might be isolated; so, it's not a bashing of the products Bombardier produces. It's just the experience of one consumer. Maybe, it's just bad luck.

All of this is widely reported on many boating websites; so, if you care, it's easy to find.

FYI: When this all happened, I had no idea of how BIG Bombardier is. These boys are a gargantuan sized company. They've got it together, for sure.
    .........Boats are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

the fitch saga is not an isolated incident/horror story. however, I have heard nothging but good about the e-tech engines. I guess time will tell, but bomb seems to have a winner (for a white motor LOL) with the e-techs.

SEADOGs TampaBay

They've got it together, for sure.
    My arse! Just don't fly in one of their Challenger jets....

As far as the white motors...just ask Jefe if he likes'em..... :angryfire
    I don't care if you lick windows,
    take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself....
    You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special!

Thumbs up

Got my free lures today. Nothing fancy but free is good!

Thanks again Fish.

Frank
    Triple Hatch.
    It's a classic Donzi, not a Donzi Classic.

Hey Frank, glad you got them, mine came today too. Funny thing about getting them is that I forgot about the free lure offer. I opened the package and figured I must have gone tackle shopping on Ebay after a night at the bars. Doh!

Your right, not the best assortment, but free is good.

SEADOGs TampaBay

I think we are all aware of my motor issues both with Johnson and Evinrude, these are both from the OMC Years and the FICHT's current on The Revenge are 2000 models....not a goot year for OMC.

Still they have been decent motors (when they are running) and I think I've got the problems fixed...with the help of HoleShot Marine. They are Very finniky, special oil, Plus grade fuel (NOT super, but Plus grade), decarboning, etc.

Still If I could I would replace them.....its just too much money right now. If I could replace them, E-tec would be high on the list. 2-strokes that have better than 4-stroke performance, efficency, etc.

Any E-tec dealers out there who need a good test boat for a pair of 250's, drop me a line. I am ready provide a great platform for testing these bad boys, fishing, poker runs, High speed 180's.......and I have a Red Bikini Team
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Hey Jefe,
    I have a hard time saying it (being a die hard merc guy all my life) but those E-tech's sound like REALLY impressive motors. Bomb really did a great job on on these. If it was blank check time, I still would go with the the Merc 250xs, rumored to be closer to 270 hp at the prop (2005 models turn 6400 vs 5850 rpms) nut I am a merc guy. Glad holshot is hookin ya up brother, I don't want the only pics in the fishing files to come from florida.

SEADOGs TampaBay

Thread Information