Thread: Bahamas

Bahamas

Just recently returned form a trip to the bahamas. Fished Marsh Harbor (sorry, no pics) but the tuna were really active there and I hear the sail fish were too, just not around our baits.

Then went to Chub Cay, one of my favorite spots. Only dove for food one day 9 the rest was for fun). In about 4 hours got 50+ lobster, and a few grouper. not bad for leaving at 11:00 am (post hangover) and coming back at 3:00pm.

water was pretty clear which made it a lot easier.

Fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

DOnzi z-65, Miss Judie ...
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay

view from my new favorite bar, "Nippers" on Great Guana Cay, in the Abacos. They have the beach, a swimming pool, band, outside decks everywhere, and a kick a-- drink called the nipper that should actually be called the sledge-hammer! Also a couple of woodpeckers on the table next to us.

SEADOGs TampaBay

Nopt that these really have anything to do with fishing, but I thought they were cool. Here is a bahamian sunset pocking through some strom clouds. The other pick is just a cool old fish shack in the middle of nowhere.

SEADOGs TampaBay

Very Sweet Jody. I have got to get down there and tag along with you sometime.

That Z-65 is a dream...WOW
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Fish, Used to fly into Marsh Harbor, then water taxi over to Elbow Key. Then we'd rent a Whaler and fish and dive for a few days. Fond memories of a great place!!

Phil

What a beautiful place on earth. Sure hope to one day see the Bahamas. Have a question about pic #2 in the first post. Since all the water I've seen is dark or muddy in color, which color is the deep water in that picture. The light aqua shade or the darker water that appears to be closer to shore.

Is that water darker because your seeing the bottom closer to the surface hence shallow water?

Just curious. Thanks for the wonderful pictures and man is that Donzi SF to die for!
    Scott Boldt

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay down here in the Bahamas. I live in Nassau but have frequented both Abaco(especially "Nippers") and Chub Cay in the Berry Islands. Hope you enjoyed your catch (lobster and grouper) please let me know when you are coming back I would be more than happy to show you one or two of my hot fishing spots......only requirement is that you can't mark the spot on your GPS.

Jefe,
    anytime you want I am always up for a trip.

Boltds- the pictures in no way do the bahamas justice. The air is so clear and free from polution that even on moonless nights the stars are so plentiful you can see from their light alone. Look towards the horizons, and see shooting stars frequently. The water is decpetive in the pictures; in that pic (#2)it is all between 5-8 feet. The dark is structure or change in the bottom. The water is so clear that you can see reefs or changes in the bottom at 60, 70ft, sometimes deeper. Makes it really easy when bottom fishing in about 60ft, you can see the fish and pull the bait away from fish you don't want. I could go on forever, but suffice it to say that the bahamas is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Preed, we started in marsh. Had not been there in a long time, but still and awesome place. we did the whaler (actually albritton) thing and hit many surrounding islands- thats how we found Nippers!!! Nippers ROcks!!!!!!!

Legend, I would love to take you up on your offer, and I promise, "you will never SEE my GPS." LOL JK I have been going to chub for almost 20 years, and have several friends there that I have know since I first started going there. Not exactly the mecca of entertainment, but that is one of the reasons I beleive it is still so unspolied- and why I love it. I will definitely drop you a line next time I head that way. I also would like to try to get a SEADOGS trip from south fla to bimini for the day or weekend. Probably a long trip by boat for you (especially if gas is still $4.00/gallon) but if we do it I would love to hook up with you.

Love, Love, Love the bahamas!!!!!!!

fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

Wow Fish! It sure is beautiful there! How long does it take to get to the Bahamas from South Florida? We would be interested in the SEADOGs trip. Just let us know and we'll try to make it.

PS-When are we all getting together again out at Shell? I am so pale that I'd blind you. I guess that is what happens when you have kids, but they are very worth it! Call us soon and we will arrange a trip. :-)
    Last edited by DonziMama; 08-27-2004 at 10:55 PM. Reason: adding text

Quote Originally Posted by DonziMama
    Wow Fish! It sure is beautiful there! How long does it take to get to the Bahamas from South Florida? We would be interested in the SEADOGs trip. Just let us know and we'll try to make it.

PS-When are we all getting together again out at Shell? I am so pale that I'd blind you. I guess that is what happens when you have kids, but they are very worth it! Call us soon and we will arrange a trip. :-)
    Bimini is about 45 miles from Ft. Lauderdale. The key is finding 2 good weather days- one to get over there and another to get back. Or just head over in the morning, and come back that evening if the weather looks dicy for the next day Waves can get pretty big for a little boat in the atlantic/gulfstream making the crossing.

As far as shell, my boat is still down. I found the perfect engine, but the Idiots I have been dealing with trying to buy it are doing everything they can to keep form Selling it. Urrrgh! FInally gave up on them so back to the drawing board. I am still boat less and have to work today. I think richard said something about possibly tomorrow, and I think Nate is planning on heading there as well. Guess I will have to rain check it for now. Hope to be up and running by this weekend though (yeah right )

see ya,

fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

sTAY FOR A WHILE

Sounds good to me!! We could always use the weather as an excuse not to come home!! Sorry, we haven't found a "good" day to come back yet, but we'll see you soon! lol

Toby, I might be up for a trip over.. Been a whiile since I've been to Bimini. We could eat some cracked conch at Ozzie's ( I think he's passed away) Compleat Angler and come home.. Then just hang out in Palm Beach for a day or so..

I am also looking for a new "clamp on"..
    Ricky...seeya...

sup fish, holla at cha boy next time ya bussin out da sushi like dat!
    Give a dog a bone, give a dog a home, let a dog roam and he'll find hisway home...

Thread Information