Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Can a donzi do this ?? A Baron can

Thumbs up

i must say i just read this hole baron thread and it is something. i have a baron myself and what a ball those boats are i've owned mine since 1985. i think i meet badassbaron in the late 80's a friend of mine bought a baron from two brothers on lake st clair. i must say i have beat a lot of donzi's and other boats with mine and i have been beat by a lot of boats but i'll race anyone win or lose because i just love it. sorry to start this one again!

ps: my wife hates the baron she will only go out in our 28' offshore
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

This thread certainly is something. Although we all (obviously) love Donzis, we have nothing against Barons. That was one interesting guy.
    ~ Elizabeth

hey baronmarine,
    welcome to the boards. I second what donzichick said, baron's are neat boats... the tone of this thread was more about the messenger than the message. many of us have boats other than donzi's and appreciate pretty much anything with a hull and prop. Its all about good times, and good people.

fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

thankyou for the kind words. i seconded what fish boy said if it has a prop & hull and don't forget the tail pipes we love it. i remember being on lake michigan in the mid 70's with my parents and i saw 2 18 footers together and that has it for me i has hooked. hope you all have a good winter and if anyone is heading to lake michigan this next season give us a call its great to meet new people who enjoy hot rod boats. we'll have one of the boats out but if its the baron the wife won't be there.
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

Far be it for me to pass judgement on another boat but I just did a Google search for "Baron" boats. Hmmmmmmm..............zip, zero,nothing . I guess they don't make them anymore, go figure .

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Far be it for me to pass judgement on another boat but I just did a Google search for "Baron" boats. Hmmmmmmm..............zip, zero,nothing . I guess they don't make them anymore, go figure .

Sam

wow... long time no post there SNIPER...

J Von Snoopy

One shot, one kill.

Sam

they stop building barons in the early 80's sold the molds to powerquest ( powerplay ) at the time. they shorten it to 18' 4" and made the cockpit bigger move the fuel tank to the front personal they killed the boat. they sold it as a powerplay xlt 185 nice boat but never compaired to the baron. the baron was moldeled after the donzi 20' hornet a friend of mines brother designed and build them in grand rapids,mi build around 55 mine is # 48
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

there also was a 26' baron i think they made 5 or 6 not to many a friend of mine here in west michigan has one with a single big block / surface drive. a company out of holland mi got a hold of those molds and sold them as bandits and also sold the deck and hulls to centry and they rigged and sold them as a 26' marage poor build on those's. i hope this answers some questions.
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

Thanks ! I love history.

"the baron was moldeled after the donzi 20' hornet a friend of mines brother designed and build them in grand rapids,mi build around 55 mine is # 48"

Are you sure about that Baron Marine?

Is it 19 or 24 deadrise? Remember that the Hornet isn't a True Deep Vee design; its a semi Vee, warped hull design.

Fromula Jr.
    How do you like your baron ?. I too have been in contact with old builders and will ask question regarding deadrise. He also had many other intersting comments, incluing he bought back one of my first ones. The Baron goes on...........

Quote Originally Posted by Formula Jr
    "the baron was moldeled after the donzi 20' hornet a friend of mines brother designed and build them in grand rapids,mi build around 55 mine is # 48"

Are you sure about that Baron Marine?

Is it 19 or 24 deadrise? Remember that the Hornet isn't a True Deep Vee design; its a semi Vee, warped hull design.

formula jr: the baron is only designed after the old 20' donzi in looks / style. baron's are 19' long with a true 24 degree bottom and a round keel, i modified the bottom of mine the vee goes down to a 3' long x 3" wide pad. mine is also setup with a arnison #6 surface drive, borg warner trans, full hyd steering and 18" tabs. does not get the bow lift a merc i/o package does but is very balanced for ruff water. pretty neat package and very reliable.
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

hey badassbaron
    i don't think your old baron got into the deiphouse's hands. a girl i know in grand rapids,mi got yours it's now on the west coast somewhere (california)
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

formula jr
    two more facts the baron deck looks a lot like the old 28' bertram baron, which i did see a picture of one on this site one time and thats were dave d got the name
    big seas & deep vees
    chicago powerboat club
    38' lipship topgun
    19' baron

Thread Information