Thread: Disgusted Fisherman

Disgusted Fisherman

The first in my Disgusted boater Photo exhibition.

what happened, did some prankster come along and swap the merc's for a couple of white motors?
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

Fish - I'd take pink motor's with Purple Polka-dots....if teh damned things would run.

Woodsy may have been prophetic in asking if I'll get Jefe's Revenge running by the Lake Winni Poker Run in late July.
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Quote Originally Posted by Team Jefe
    Fish - I'd take pink motor's with Purple Polka-dots....if teh damned things would run.

Woodsy may have been prophetic in asking if I'll get Jefe's Revenge running by the Lake Winni Poker Run in late July.
    I hear ya man, but have faith, the revenge will be wet again in no time. Still trying to get the fitch's dialed in?
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay

My neighbor has the same engines. He told me that last weekend, one of the EFI units on the Evenrude - Fitch's went down. That would make, I think, 3 that have gone bad so far, for him.
    .........Boats are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

The Ficht motors were rushed into production before they were ready. I read an article on this recently. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donzigo
    My neighbor has the same engines. He told me that last weekend, one of the - Fitch's went down.
    He is my little brother... sure he did not mispell "Fitches"

SEADOGs TampaBay

I couldn't find the article I read, but this is an excerpt from a different one.

It’s fair to say here that OMC have had one or two glitches with the Ficht in the three years or so that they have been on the market. The 150 has been a particularly troublesome child, causing much gnashing of teeth and mashing of powerheads. Oh yes, stories abound of disastrous service histories on earlier motors, but as fast as OMC tried to catch the problems, so new ones emerged, and in conversation with many people in the last few months I have heard many a tale of woe. I must say I am not surprised in the slightest - I had come to consider any new OMC model with suspicion, as I feel that in the past they were in too much of a hurry to get new designs out the door and onto peoples transoms. I remember when I was a dealer being amazed at the sheer volume of literature that would require reading at the end of each season, just to familiarise myself with the "enhancements" OMC had made on that years models. In other words, these were the technical bulletins warning us of all the engineering screw ups that had to be corrected on customers motors. To be fair, all manufacturers spew out this stuff, but all of the Honda technical updates I got in four years as a dealer failed to fill a slim folder - the OMC stuff needed it’s own shelf.

Hey fellas - Sorry I've been absent lately. I've been really hammered at work with this new project and haven't taken to time to check the board.

Looks like we have ID'd the problem. The port motor needed a fuel pump and Stator. Both of which are being replaced now. I will hopefully have her back the first of next week.

Starboard motor had a bad check valve on the oil injection pump. Otherwise it looks OK.

I too was weary of FICHT, but the price was right....at least it was before all this crap happened .

Thanks for all the support.

JEFE
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Thread Information