Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Pics of Boat Back Together

George.........You are our hero. That set-up simply looks awsome...........Cant wait to hear some numbers............Also good to see the extra safety net..................Bill S

Thanks.
    Red Dog, Yes, It helps me read the gauges.....
    Rick, That's a nice Rodeck Aluminum 400 Block?
    George, Yes, a -12 feed and a -8 return.
    Scott, Looking Foward to seeing you and Cathy at the Dust Off.
    Tuna, I have a hollow seat, direct overboard discharge...No Depends.
    Rick, The water dump is one of those things that would be hard to see if it works, Hum, may be I'll stick some paper in the thru hull, if it's gone after a run it must be working.
    Ted, I hope I never dock next to you. Your X is going to be a real gem...
    Phil, Same motor just a little cleaning up and better breathing with the new IC.
    " Sometimes the object of the journey is not the end, but the journey itself "

Poodle,
    I offset it to counter the torque.

Thumbs up

Absolutely beautiful Geoo!!! I can't wait to hear the reports from this years Lake Rescue Shootout....

-EG

Poodle,
    I am now going outside with my tape measure!!

Geo,
    That engine is an incredible sight to behold!
    I look forward to seeing the speed#'s and Chris wakeboarding behind it.

Hum...Scott want to be Navigator? :chilipepp

I'm hope to be at Lake Cumberland that weekend... However I may have to Test run my Brother-in-Law's 27 Jupiter, (new 300 yammies, low water pick-ups and Stainless Marine Jack Plates, I wonder how he got that idea?) to the Bahamas for some fishing, diving, ect..

..Hey..This is top secret, so don't tell anyone... But Chris has been working on an Adapter Kit for Volvo's? MOP had something to do with the design...I think he was working with Bertram Boy on this one. Cliff does the manufacturing and Scott Pearson provide the motors..he still is fussing about the color... I hear the Honda Marine division from Lake Lanier want's in on the action too.
    I'm installing two on mine this winter.
    After closer inspection, I don't think it's even a Volvo? Maybe an old outboard lower unit. Anyway once he get's the adjustable X-dimension hydraulics working it should be real trick.
    " Sometimes the object of the journey is not the end, but the journey itself "

That's pretty inovative George, but you can't raise the drive!

George

George,
    I really think you have lost sight of what the phrase "boat ride" really means....

Seriously though, you please be careful. I am worried about you. Where are going to draw the line?

George:

I'm glad to see you're using the Lifeline "bra" to attach the helmet. I trust you know not to fasten the chin strap and the reason why you shouldn't. If not, e-mail me and I'll elaborate.

Very kool!

FR

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by harbormaster
    George,
    I really think you have lost sight of what the phrase "boat ride" really means....

Seriously though, you please be careful. I am worried about you. Where are going to draw the line?
    MOP thinks the same also!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
    George:

I'm glad to see you're using the Lifeline "bra" to attach the helmet. I trust you know not to fasten the chin strap and the reason why you shouldn't. - FR
    Okay, I believe in using a full compliment of safety equipment, but why would you not want to fasten the chinstrap? When I ride one of my motorcycles I wear the best helmet I can that fits me plus body armor. While racing and even testing the ski boat we wore helmets and lifejackets that had what was essentially a flak-jack built in for impact protection (that was in the late 60's, there have been a lot of changes since then). At the Garvey and Speed Skiff races I saw a number of guys get thrown out as they bounced through the turns plus I saw my friend fall off a ski at 85 or so while practicing for the Beechwood Water Ski Races (we were much younger and much more stupider). Water can be real hard at those speeds, just like asphalt (or a rock) on a bike. So why wouldn't you want to fasten your helmet like I do every time I ride? From all the tests and research done by Snell the helmet doesn't do much if your brain if your head is moving inside of it. I can see that the “bra” would hold your helmet on and protect your neck by keeping your head from flopping around, but it would also seem to let your head turn and twist inside the helmet if the helmet was not strapped to your chin.

rayjay

Rayjay:

For obvious legal reasons, I'm not going to advise you or anyone else what to do. It's your neck.
    You're going to have to reason this one through on your own, but I will tell you this much: When I go motorcycle riding, I do fasten my chin strap, but then again, if I fall off the bike, the asphalt won't be trying to rip the helmet off my head.

FR :checkered

Quote Originally Posted by MadPoodle
    Actually, I heard Chris finally got one of his boats running.. Hope it floats

wow a rare OB benchseat fleetside classic!!!!!
    WOW Chris you're my hero where do you find them

Matty

>Is there just no room for a trans?
    Not even a Velvet ?

Thread Information