Thread: OH NO! The fork lift smashed my donzi!!!!

Angry OH NO! The fork lift smashed my donzi!!!!

Went to the marnia to take my boat by water to its new home at jackson marine.When I went in to the office they told me I couldnt take my boat,that they had work to do on it.Its all tuned up and ready???Then he told me they moved it and smashed it at the windshield/flarring.They hit someones lower unit when they lifted it.So I have the fiberglass man comit to work on it the week after memorial day weekend.So the boat stays at cheasapeake yachting center on the middle river for now.So anyway went out on a run hit 75mph on one pass,73mph on the another.Went over to fairlee creek they are putting in the coconut trees at the beach bar getting set to open for the summer season.

opps

Man I would be mad!!!!!!!! that sucks

It seems,if it wernt for bad luck I wouldnt have no luck at all!

Smile

Being a broker I have done Biz at Jacksons and have roamed around the shop and buildings. I go to quite a few marinas all over hell, Jacksons does a good job, has good people and have a good rep. I would be real surprised if they did not fix it perfect. That being said I would be dancing up and down and having the "Word Police" hollering at me!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Ive cancelled taking the boat to jacksons for now.The place my boat is at has a lot to offer.Pool,Hot tub,Fiberglass shop,engine repair,partys at holidays ,grills+pic. tables....AND ONE FORKLIFT OPP. who Wasnt paying attention and smashed my boat!. .anyway going to keep it one hour drive south till they fix the damage. Maybe ill end up staying till next year?

Not saying what happened to you was bad, BUT... A buddy of mine operated a fork lift at a boatel (is that a word?) back in '78. He dropped a 21', twin screw inboard, Nova after snagging the bow on the rack. The boat was knocked off of the fork while being placed into the top rack of three stacked. He said the boat must have been well built because it suffered only running gear and minor gel coat damage. Sure, that's what he said. No doubt, he was stoned at the time.
    Vice Commodore for the Capital Yacht Club, organized in 1892.

Fasttrucker, I feel your pain.

Good Luck
    Sam

Ahhh the good ole days... i have fond memories of running a fork right through the starboard side of a chapparel on the trailer... guess the guy shouldn;t have parked it in front of the door or well maybe i shoulda been driving backward with the big rinker in tow instead of out front... oh well.. **** happens

JR - never been stoned

I hit a semi that was parked next to me, two weeks ago in tampa. Minor damage.It was raining and the windows/mirrors were fogged up. Too hot down south.Last year I got a 2003 safety award that I have hanging in my office,first one I ever have received. Quess I wont be getting one this year.

Hey fastrucker since you got your 28Zx smashed maybe you might what to upsize to a clean 33ZX Its ready and waiting for you at Jacksons High & Dry.

Fast, GFI (go for it). The 33 ZX, that is. Just don't go for the Sonic.
    Vice Commodore for the Capital Yacht Club, organized in 1892.

i will send you my safety award and you can white out everything you dont want and write in anything.P.S was caught on qualcom, the only driver EVER to run the computer out of numbers,they stop at 99. gas on it driver

GERO1..LOL.Thanks for the offer.Did the company take away your safety bonus for going over 100mph.I think I lost my $50 savings bond.
    Undertaker take a look at www.nationalmarine.com click on the 30ft cig.American flag graffics .Maybe you could trade even.

Fast, so I take it that you are not interested in my 33ZX well if you ever change your mind you know where to find me. Good luck on fixing up the 28

Sorry to here that!

Chris

Thread Information