Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wanted- 1987-1989 donzi center console

wanted- 1987-1989 donzi center console

Does anyone know of one of these boats for sale?

Hi Brian,
    are you looking for a f-23, fc-23, or f-33?

fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

.......and what is the difference in the F-23 & the FC-23, Jodi?
    .........Boats are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

the f-23 is like my boat and has an outboard, and the fc23 is the exact same boat, but has a cabin in the front and an I/O. If you look at my boat and look at Amarok's, they are the same color, same year, same everything, withthe exception of the deck layout and power.
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay

F-23 or FC-23. Thanks for the reply. Any help would be appreciated

Brian,
    there is one in the boat trader, but IMHO, the price is a little high. Then again, these are pretty few and far between from that years you are looking for (but good choice on years ), so it is what you are willing to pay for it and how badly you want it. Also, since it is a 1991 motor, I would factor in the price of a rebuild just in case (1500-3000). If price is not as big of a concern, a new merc verado would sure looks sweet hanging off the back!
    donzi f23

I will keep my eyes open down here, good luck and if you find one, feel free to contact me with any questions on the f-23, and I am sure Amarok would be willing to chat about his fc-23.

Fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

thanks for the response. I saw that red one and agree it is pricey. I believe I could pick one up in the teens. But thanks for the input. I have a 24 ft El Pescador, 1975. Which is a great boat. Is yours a dry boat, smooth riding boat? Amarok's boat is neat. I bet there was not many of them made??

But thanks for keeping an eye out for me.

boat is very dry, and smooth. It is actually the same hull as on the z-25, but without the slope on the back (makes it 22'11" rather than 25 ft). Very deep v, so it slices through waves rather than slap like boats with flatter bottoms. The ride is more in line with mako, grady white and boston whaler, but IMHO, better.

I have been around boats all my life; was in the boat business, owned a variety, try to follow the industry, and my family even had a boat building company for a while in the 80's. This is my favorite fishing boat, period. I plan on keeping it forever, and just putting new engines on the back when the old ones can't go any more.

Wish it was a little faster, but on more than one occasion I have been even happier that is it so solidly built and handles rough water as well as it does.

Fish

PS you are correct, not a lot were built then. Donzi was and still is the premier sport boat maunfacturer, and fish boats were a new venture in the late 80's. Just as this line was starting to take off, OMC purchased DOnzi and shortly after began making changes that made a "more cost effective boat". IMHO, the years you are looking at are very good years.

SEADOGs TampaBay

so what would you pay for that red one on the boat trader?

madpoodle- yuup, I used to live by the falls

thats me. Moved to Ft. Myers. I will give you a call later.

[QUOTE=Fish boy]boat is very dry, and smooth. It is actually the same hull as on the z-25, but without the slope on the back (makes it 22'11" rather than 25 ft). Very deep v, so it slices through waves rather than slap like boats with flatter bottoms.QUOTE]

I thought the Z25 had a 20 degree deadrise as opposed to the 24 of the Classics. Anyone know for sure?

cuda, I do not know a lot about the dead rise, but I can tell you for sure the f-23 and the z-25 are the same hull.

fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

I didn't doubt that, I was just curious if it were 20 or 24 deadrise.

Forgive my ignorance, but how could I tell the dead rise? Is there a way to measure? I will check tomorrow while working on it if there is. I could also post pics o fthe transome if that would help?

Fish

SEADOGs TampaBay

Thread Information