Thread: In Northern N.y.

Cool In Northern N.y.

Jan 30 At Lake George N.y. 10 Degrees F. Out , 16 Inches Of Black Ice
    About 2:30 P.m. I Caught A 29 Inch Lake Trout On A Ice Sickle (smelt
    Shaped Bait Fish) Using A Tipup In Gull Bay 7 Foot Under The Ice. I Only Had 4 Tipup's In And Fished For About 2 Hours. This Was My First Outing This Year. I Cut 10 Inch Holes In The Ice With A Jiffy Power Auger . Nothing A Bull Shark Would Fit Through.

Got a picture?

Were you in one of those fishin shacks that are dragged out on the ice? Lets have a look see... for us southerners who have never seen anything like that.

Cool

I Never Use A Shack On Lake George.some Times On Lake Champlain When Friends Go,we Get A Shanty, I'll Try To Get Pictures, It's Like Small Villages ,a Shanty Comes With Plenty Of Room For Four People A Floor That Has Four Pull Up Pieces For Fishing (usually Jigging)a Gas Heater/combo Cooker That Will Run All Night On A Propane Tank , For Comfort. One Of The Things I Noticed In The June Donzi Dustoffs Was The Amount Of Pollen That Was Coming Off The Trees And Floating On The Lake , When You Watch How The Pollen Flows On Top Of The Lake From South To North Into The Lachute. I Try To Remember Where This Flow Is Because I Believe This Current Will Also Mark The Thinnest Ice In The Winter.when Your Out On The Ice In Your Truck You Try To Remember These Things.

Fishin' through Ice........huh?

Man, And I thought I was a hardcore fisherman
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Thread Information