Thread: Biggest one that GOT ME!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Biggest one that GOT ME!

Budmann's son, Garrett (to the left), caught this 6ft bull shark last May while we were bottom fishing. He wanted to see the shark up close and asked me to bring it in the boat for him.

I did not want to kill or hurt it, so using the gaff was not an option. My brilliant idea was to get it close to the boat, reach down, grab its tail, and yank it backwards into the boat.

The shark had other ideas and as soon as I grabbed its tail it thrashed and yanked me into the water with it. Took about .000034 seconds for be to get back out of the water.

Eventually got a rope around the tail, brought it aboard, tooks some pictures and let it go. Guess the shark has a "big one that got away story to tell."
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

little known fact

bull sharks can swim in fresh or salt water, and are VERY territorial. thats why they are so aggressive. bull sharks are responsible for more human attacks than any other shark in the world.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your one lucky fish! he might not have killed you, but you'd have felt him!

...they are so aggressive. bull sharks are responsible for more human attacks than any other shark in the world..
    funny how the mind works... I think that was what flashed through my mind in that .00034 seconds that I was wet Just glad I did not try it with that monster Great White that you caught!

fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

white, salmon, and mako are all related. that was a salmon shark. if it was a white at her age,, she'd a been quite a bite larger. like 12 ,13 footer or so.
    tale a look at the pic of me holding the rod. "white knuckled" look at my hand. i did that for about 30-40 min. i was whipped!!!!

Fish,
    That is a CRAZY story!!!!! I can't imagine how scary it was to be in the water right next to a pissed off shark. Good thing you were quick to get out.

Hmmm, that leads to a question.............did you put your fingers in the wall sockets when you were a kid?

Amarok

Nice story and catch Fish.

So, It seems Jefe's Is not the only fiserman on the Donzi Net to get thrown into the water. Good thing a shark was not close on my "Wet" adventure, 'cause the boat was motoring away.
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Thread Information