Thread: Another Holley Indentification

Post Another Holley Indentification

Big Griizzly and RickR, you helped Murphy so quickly I hope you're listening.
    I have a circa 1968 Ford 302 Interceptor with a Holley carb in my 16. Visually comparing it to service manuals I have I would guess it to be Holley model 4150/4160. I cannot find a # beginning with an R like in Murphy's case. If it is a 4150/4160 then I should find R-6576A on it somewhere?? The stamped #s on the main body under the flam arrester are
    LIST-1850
    Any thoughts on what model this is or where to look for other #s on this thing?
    Danny

Right answer MP, I'll go with that answer
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thanks for the response guys.
    Now tell me what are the differences between a marine and and automotive carb, and the advantages of a marine unit? I would assume that this setup was original in my boat, but you never know, did a lot of the HM, Interceptor engines that Donzi utilized in the early days have automotive carbs?
    Thanks again
    Danny

Cool

Danny, there are a lot of guys on the board who will give you great technical descriptions of the differences between a marine and an automotive carb in the marine enviroment.

My very basic technical understanding is that one goes VROOOM while the other goes BOOM.

Sorry about that, chalk it up to winter fever.

------------------
    boxy
    mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
    Smuggler's Cove
    1000 Islands
    Ontario
    North East Donzi Club
    NO TOOLS

Boxy
    You're not the only one that is affected by the Winter Fever. We had a bit of a lul in the snow fall activity earlier this month but it has snowed the last few days. I hope to get out with my cousin later this month on his Scoot(flat bottomed fiberglass punt with an aircraft engine). It goes basically goes where ever your boat would in the summer whether there is ice or open water. Our summer place is boat access only and is tricky on a snowmobile because of the water currents. These winter Scoot trips help me get through February. When are you going south, going to look for a boat while you are down south, any new leads around your area. Have heasrd of a couple of Corsicans around here that I am trying to track down. Have a good trip.
    Danny

Danny if your worried about the marine situation there's a place in toronto called the carburetor rebuilders they convert carbs and rebiuld for under 200 bucks,atleast they did last year. thats about 300 less than a new holley in canada anyway.

Hey Andy, do you have a # or address for that Toronto carb rebuilder, I have a 650 holly I put together wrong and can't get it to work.Motor wount run unless the choke is on and then it races.
    Thanks....Klink

Andy
    May as well get there name and address as well, I think there are some shops locally that do exchanges but it may be dealing with the people you know in Toronto anyway.

Klink
    Where are you located in Ontario and where do you boat?

Danny

Hi Danny
    I'm back on the family farm in Prince Edward County and split most of my boating between the Wellington salmon fleet and bay of quinte with a June weekend trip to Main Duck for smallmouth and beer.

Klink

Talking

Hi guys,I was on the phone with these guys today,hav a 650 dp that needs throttle shaft bushings and J tubes onthe bowl vents. Any way the place is called CARBURETOR REBUILDERS Co LTD. AT 50 Eugene in toronto #416-781-8114 ,I was told about this place by aboater in Keswick,lake simcoe.Danny I boat mainly on Geogian bay and simcoe, or inlaws cottage in buckhorn.

Thanks Andy

Thread Information