Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Boat

Post New Boat

Okay, it looks like this may be the end of my Donzi ownership. I found what looks like a great deal on a new boat. My only regret is that it is not a Donzi. However, it is a close cousin! I just made a deal pending a sea trial on an '82 Cigarette 20 footer. 91 454 Mag/Bravo, Silent choice, Tabs, Gaffrig, and all the other stuff. Clean boat although not in the condidtion of my Donzi. Hull looks exactly like a slightly stretched Donzi 18 with a little more freeboard. Hoping that this boat can tame some of the rougher water I encounter and still be fun. Real quality construction and a bit more room than the 18. I hope that if this deal goes through I can still be accepted by the Donzi Boys. The 18 is in the "for sale" section and I hope it finds a good home quickly. If Len is out there - there is no excuse for missing this one!!!
    Let me know what you guys think about the cigarette.
    PaulO

Len Guest

Cool

...if Len is out there...?...right...Give me a break. I haven't had one nights sleep for the last 8 months since I found this site. Paulo, I've been doing the math now for about one hour since the SECOND that you posted in "Boats for Sale"... ...if Len is out there...geeesh...

[This message has been edited by Len (edited 12-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Len (edited 12-09-2000).]

Len,

You need help. Send paul $8500 and he send you boat...

Paul...

I be lookin for one of those 20' Cigarettes myself!!!! I want to add it to my collection. I think this is one great boat although I have never ridden in one. Call me to discuss...I'm really intrested in what you've found and can talk about the one I'm looking at...516 455 1200

PaulO,
    What's up with the hinged compartment just in front of the windshield on the Cig?
    Looped was born November 1966 18-103

The hinged compartment is a great feature. It is an easliy accessible and fairly large storage space.

Ooooh!!! 20' Cig!!!! Now that's a boat I would like to add on to my collection, but they are rather hard to find. There were a couple of 20' Cigarettes down here for sale in Florida a year or so ago but they were too rough and too expensive (for me).

Congratulation!

------------------
    Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 12-11-2000).]

Yes, that hinged compartment is one cool feature! You can fill it up with ice and your beverage of choice and still have room left over! I think that's one of the most unique things about the boat!

Paul, sorry I missed your call---I was on the phone with my boss...gimme a ring back when you get a chance.

Paul, Sound's like another great find!! We better stop finding all these good deals; we'll go broke???? or get kicked out of the house?!?! Joking. Best Wishes. GEOO
    " Sometimes the object of the journey is not the end, but the journey itself "

Paul ,
    You have got to be kidding I am running my but off to try and get done in time for lake George I cant go alone!

Cool

Paul
    We are going to miss you but we understand.
    Ralph you will not be alone. We are all up here in the Adirondacks getting ready for the Donzi Meet heard round the world.Please
    come and join us.There will be awards this year in 12 catagories and your boat may win.Who knows?

------------------
    FASTEDDIE
    Founder of the Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    FASTEDDIE

The locker in fromt of the windshield is suppose to be a ski locker. Not all 20 footers had this feature. My favorite thing is the stainless wire railing that runs to the bow. This used to be on of my favorite boats. What i like is the width at the drivers seat, much wider that the 18's. The look cool. my friend Andy had one and the bow hatch had a teak inlay and was way cool . He called it Thumpper , he is out of Pt. Point Pleasant NJ. A great guy beautiful wife and great kids. The boat was a dry boat and road well.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Paul, any pictures of the new Cigarette yet?

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Cool

PaulO
    They sure are a great looking boat.
    Good Luck with the purchase. There are two around here in East Tenn.

------------------
    RICKR
    mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>
    riggerb@aol.com
    1995 22 Classic

Len Guest

Question

Paulo, is this it? www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?5669204

Thread Information