Thread: Lake Winnipesaukee Donzi meet

Question Lake Winnipesaukee Donzi meet

Does anyone know when and where the Lake Winn. Donzi show will take place?

------------------
    Hotboat
    Hotboat

Thanks, but I was asking about the dock or location on the lake. Probably to many Cuban cigars!!!

------------------
    Hotboat
    Hotboat

The Lake Winnipesaukee Dustoff will be July 22th. We move the date back from June 24th. We have scheduled a poker run along with the meeting. I am working on the dock & meeting location. We will post this information next week.

I was out on Winnie today. 46 degrees at 70 mph...brrrrr. Was dressed as though I was going snow skiing-looked like an idiot!

Where will the Poker Run go? Need any help?

'Crazy Horse'
    Songx @ aol.com

Thumbs up

Must have been nice and calm for 70mph. I can remember on some of the windy days that area between rattlesnake and wolfeboro getting super-nasty.
    Jay

Lightbulb

Crazy Horse,

I have had a camp on the lake for almost 30 years.

Be careful this time of year as there is much wood floating and you don't want to break your toy.

I have always considered that until Mid May, it's a dangerous ride on the big lake.

Kenn

Wink

I think I would have wood anytime I could go 70 in my Donzi

------------------
    Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

watched my uncle "crazy freddy" do a dawn run on winnipesaukee years ago in a built to the hilt drag boat. over 100mph and climbing. insane for the big lake in all but the calmest of weather. course we used to have deliberate slalom wipeout contests at 50+ mph on winnie...the most spectacular destruction won. ah, those were the daze...hey uncle bill, remember flipping your hydro in alton bay lo those many moons ago and losing your wallet?

Red face

Crazy Horse,

I just spoke to Craig at GOODHUE & HAWKINS NAVY YARD in Wolfeboro. He said that you looked like a frigin bank robber taken off in a getaway boat wearing your ski mask and all.

Looped
    Looped was born November 1966 18-103

Looped- I really froze out there but enjoyed being out there all alone just the same. Spring and Fall are my favorite times up there for that reason. Of course Sunday afternoons at the Naswa in mid summer rates fairly high on my list as well.

You may have heard that last August one of the tabs came off my 18 with only 70 hours on the boat and it started to take on water-it would've sunk had it not been immediatly removed from the water. So Goodhue/Donzi spent the winter fixing the rear end of my boat. So as soon as soon as I could I wanted to use the boat and see if the work was actually done well. News is that with 3 hours on the new tabs and gel coat Crazy Horse is still floating...haven't been wave jumping yet so I guess the jury is still out.

Heard from George C. last night and he wrote that he's planning for 30 boats for the Winnie Poker run...Goodhue will be the starting point.
    Jon V Don Z: Was your 'crazy' uncle Freddy Freddy Cain-with the 'Maryann'? The Maryann was the coolest boat-remember it?
    Best,
    Crazy Horse

crazy horse: nah, different crazy freddy...fred foster. managed the king's grant for a bit, owned a nightclub in belmont...constant pedal to the metal guy back in the day. saw him disc on top of a step ladder on winnie about 30 years ago. kept that boat in freehold nj and I think he said it spent a lot of time on the toms river (not certain on that one)

Thread Information