Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donzi Deck Removed

Thumbs up Donzi Deck Removed

This weekend I removed the deck of my 1968. I have to tell you the fuel tank was shot! For a boat that has been in storage for 21 years I could not get over how bad the tank rusted and leaked.
    Im looking for some some help and info on filling the transom of this boat. I know alot of you guys have done this and I would like to talk to some people long line and pic some brains. Any help would be great!

THANKS!!!!

(NJ) Scott

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

If you are referring to filling the Volvo transom hole to accept a merc, e-mail me and we can talk. Just finished mine.
    Paul

oettpo@aol.com

Keep the info coming..... Thanks everyone! I have to tell you that Phil McKay know his stuff!

(NJ) Scott

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Talking

scott i am getting ready to put the top back on my 68 i would have done that yesterday but was unable to locate a fitting for my fuel line to hook up to my new alum tank if i can help let me know good luck

Kevin,
    Sounds Great! Today I took all the wood out of the Transom.Slowly coming along. Let me know where I can reach you. I would like to talk long line if possiable.

Thanks (NJ) Scott

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Kevin,
    Sounds great. Just took all the wood out of my Transom today. Let me know where I can reach you long line if possible. I would like to run some things by you.

Thanks (NJ) Scott

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Scott, I took the deck off my 18 and replaced the fuel tank two years ago. Last winter I glassed in the transom. If you have any question I'd be happy to help. Have alot of Photo's too. GEOO
    " Sometimes the object of the journey is not the end, but the journey itself "

Red face

scott be glad to here from you mmsdci@aol.com and 573-761-7432 after 4:00 pm central i live in missouri.

Geoo,
    Let me know If I can reach you long line, I have alot of questions. Im just picking everyones brain for info and what worked the best for everyone out there. Thanks again!

(NJ)Scott

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Kevin,
    The number you gave me was wrong some women answered and said there was no Kevin here. The number you gave me was 573-761-7432. Let me know.

thanks Scott Pearson

Scott Pearson
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Kevin,
    Thanks for the tip. Good lead, #!!! (joke)
    Steve, When's the batchler's party???? GEOO

Scot, Call me any time. Here's some pics I'll get some more later. GEOO http://sr6.xoom.com/gdesmond/donzideckoff.htm http://sr7.xoom.com/gdesmond/DonziTransom.htm http://sr6.xoom.com/gdesmond/Donzifun.htm

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 03-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 03-20-2000).]

Wink

GEO, Away from posting but still listening. We haven't set the date yet. We went out for a nice dinner on Valentines day and were supposed to set a date then, but we had 2 bottles of vino instead....and forgot to talk it over. Anyhow since then, I told her I want to finish the boat before we set a date(since I know if we get hitched first, the boat will never get done) So far she's ok with that. I'm sheetrocking my buddies new 4 bay garage with him this weekend and will be moving the Hornet indoors to his (lakefront) garage in the next 2 weeks. Then I'll be going semi-full bore, as funds allow, on finishing her up. The motor will get dropped in during the boat move, so I'll only have driveshaft, electrical, and all the non-engine mechanical and plumbing left to do. I've got the carb. back from Holley all restored, the dash is done with all new gages, steering, shifter and throttle cables are bought, as are exhaust manifolds, MSD electronic ignition box with rev limiter, new monel external drive shaft, new v-drive (1:1:0 ratio)Transmission rebuilt. The want list now consists of distributor, coil, exhaust riser, hoses, water pump(s), engine fittings, sending units, wiring, batteries and trays, cutlass bearing, and the list goes on.
    Looking for opinions, fresh or raw water cooling? If it weren't a 427 fe I'd just raw water cool it.

------------------
    Steve A. (Hornetman)
    Steve A.

Cool

GEO, Away from posting but still listening. We haven't set the date yet. We went out for a nice dinner on Valentines day and were supposed to set a date then, but we had 2 bottles of vino instead....and forgot to talk it over. Anyhow since then, I told her I want to finish the boat before we set a date(since I know if we get hitched first, the boat will never get done) So far she's ok with that. I'm sheetrocking my buddies new 4 bay garage with him this weekend and will be moving the Hornet indoors to his (lakefront) garage in the next 2 weeks. Then I'll be going semi-full bore, as funds allow, on finishing her up. The motor will get dropped in during the boat move, so I'll only have driveshaft, electrical, and all the non-engine mechanical and plumbing left to do. I've got the carb. back from Holley all restored, the dash is done with all new gages, steering, shifter and throttle cables are bought, as are exhaust manifolds, MSD electronic ignition box with rev limiter, new monel external drive shaft, new v-drive (1:1:0 ratio)Transmission rebuilt. The want list now consists of distributor, coil, exhaust riser, hoses, water pump(s), engine fittings, sending units, wiring, batteries and trays, cutlass bearing, and the list goes on.
    Looking for opinions, fresh or raw water cooling? If it weren't a 427 fe I'd just raw water cool it.

------------------
    Steve A. (Hornetman)

[This message has been edited by Hornetman (edited 03-21-2000).]
    Steve A.

Steve,
    Thanks for the up date on your project. I can't wait for a ride. I'm interested in the v-drive set-up.
    I like a closed cooling system. You have better control of the engine cooling and don't have any salt water problems. GEOO

Thread Information