PDA

View Full Version : Canted intake bolts

Ralph Savarese
11-20-2001, 05:31 PM
To all you small block Chevy guys what have you been using for intake manifolds .
I have a Performer Rpm Q jet that I have modified to fit the center bolts but I don't trust it.
Edelbrock does not make anything other than a basic performer for those heads and I like the way this one performs

BigGrizzly
11-20-2001, 11:01 PM
Just put a 1 inch open spacer on the preformer it will work as well in that application. This beats the heck out of a leak. With my big Clevland heads that combo pulls 5600 rpms. The performer RPM boesn't mean squat in a boat under 5500 anyway.

Randy

RickSE
11-21-2001, 09:08 AM
Ditto, that's what I did. I have a Performer intake with a 1" 4-hole phenolic spacer under the carb.

Ralph Savarese
11-22-2001, 06:55 PM
If i use an open spacer won't this make it act more like a single plane rather than duel plane?
Ralph

BigGrizzly
11-23-2001, 07:41 AM
actually it will make the proformer more effience in the midrange. The runners give you the drivability. The performer Rpm is more hype than great- its good however. They brough it out to compete with the Wieland sealth. The Performer pull strong in the top end, but it is no toequer or Torquer JR up to 6500 rpm. I boubt your motor will there for long. What the spacer does id allow the air be distributed more evenly and with less restriction than without it. The larger pellum is igsignificant compaired to the other bennifits. I have yet to put on a spacer that did not improve low threw top end.In a marine I use the aluminum spacer because: heat is not an issue, it doesn't warp , and it is a lot cheaper. I have never lost one HP or one ft/lb of torque.

Randy