PDA

View Full Version : Ted M.

Ranman
11-20-2001, 03:00 PM
I never updated you on the lab prop I bought from you. I had to get an adapter kit to use it as I guess this is how the new ones come (my old Mirage Plus had a solid splined hub). Anyway, with the old nicked one I was getting 64.1 GPS. With your lab prop I get 66.4. This is with 3 people and 40 gallons of gas. I would guess 67-68 would be there with just me and light on fuel. The vibration is still there at low RPM but it seems to have diminished some with the new wheel. Lastly, the video is great, but I don't know where they get 70+ out of that boat. I'm going to have to do some work to my baby over the winter since I see Sam is going to catch up to me in his 16. :D

Sam
11-20-2001, 04:00 PM
I'm going to give it a shot Randy, I am tired of following in your wake. We are going to have to compare schedules as May gets closer. Maybe we can put together a Mich convoy for AOTH. What happened to your pic of your Donzi Girl? or is that a personal question.

Sam

riverrat
11-20-2001, 06:23 PM
Ranman, Do you have a '18? I think 68 mph is as good as it gets.. I've got a 99 '18 With the 350 mag 300hp alpha 1.5 spinning a Lab finish 25" Mirage (FROM TED) and 68 is it at sea level in Houston, Texas. Hi TED :D :D . If you look on the DONZI web site they quote the top seed as 68 mph now for the '18. I've been told the tape was rigged?? :eek: :eek:

HP 600SC
11-20-2001, 07:46 PM
I think the tape was way off too!
Well I am glad that it worked out for you both! I just bought a Diesel Excoursion
limited so looks like I'll be at AOTH!

Ranman
11-20-2001, 09:25 PM
Sam, The pic is on my fridge. It really came out nice. I've been meaning to take it to work and scan it so I can post it here but i've been lazy. Boy those Winnie guys have some fine Donzi company they have been posting. I hope to meet those guys (and gurlz) next summer too.

I'm planning to reserve my room for AOTH soon. We should be able to convoy together. Maybe we'll hook up with a few others. Your lil' 16 will be wild with 300+hp. Better call Lifeline!

riverrat, I have a 97' 18 with the MAG 350 MPI (looks like the mini 454 MPI). I'm running a Bravo with 1.65 gears turning Ted's labbed 25p Mirage Plus. I get around 4900 RPM on the VDO tach. I'm suprised you can turn that much prop on a 1.50 Alpha. I know the alpha is a bit quicker than the Bravo as the B1 has a bit more drag in the water. I thought the 350MAG 1.50 alphas liked a 23p. I'm no expert though and it sounds like yours runs good. Hope to see you at AOTH.

Ted, I hope to see you at AOTH too. I would kill for an 80+ mph ride in your 22! :D