PDA

View Full Version : This is not a Donzi on E-bay!

HP 600SC
01-01-2003, 06:53 AM
This guy should be reported to the E-bay admin. It is neither a Donzi nor a Cigarette....
He told me over the phone the title said "Monza".......anyone see that in the description?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31271&item=1875679460

McGary911
01-01-2003, 11:48 AM
I have tried to describe the items as accurately as I can. All information is believed to be true but not guaranteed.
This classic Arranow design is also the Donzi hull I agree, if he had described the item as accurately as possible, he just might mention Monza. Heck, if he's gonna credit Don with a boat, he should at least spell his name correctly.

What is he trying to pass this off as? A hornet splash? Anyone know of a company called Monza splashing Donzis? I think this boat has been for auction before, and I hope it doesn't sell once again.....

olredalert
01-01-2003, 12:03 PM
-----Yah,there was a Monza Boat co. around.I dont think they ever popped a DONZI designed hull though.Maybe Poodle knows.Poodle knows everything.Lets ask Poodle.
-----If memory serves,Monzas were pretty good looking however.They just didnt have that edge that every DONZI ever made did.............Bill S.......ol red!

Formula Jr
01-01-2003, 12:17 PM
its a gt 21 clone.

CDMA
01-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Seen a Monza up here in the tundra...just like that one. It is about 19 feet and similar in size to say a Hornet 2. Much larger then an 18. I am sure it is not an exact plag...just a close copy.

It was forsale just when I was looking for my first project. While it was a piece of junk just seeing that boat with its Donzi esque lines caused me to look into Donzi's. I went home and searched the Web. I found Donzi.net when Jim Cancil still ran it...led the first Donzi...and then the second...the third...the missile....jeeeezzzzz

Chris

Memories....