PDA

View Full Version : Overlooked

komikazee
11-17-2001, 08:16 PM
Hi Guys,
I realize winterizing of your Donzi's has been brought up alot lately. I was working on my baby today getting her ready for winter, when I realized that the one thing I have not heard mention of is the trailer.
Because the bearing and grease are warm when you get to the ramp and you back it in the cool water, it has the chance of creating a vacuum and sucking in water. Maybe this is a nobrainer, and everyone just maintains their wheel bearings not giving it a second thought. With me it's like ,outa site outa mind. Now would be the time to check their condition repack the bearings so the water doesn't pit the bearings and races.
Just a thought. I would hate to leave my Donzi along side the road somewhere because the trailer wasn't taken care of.

Tracy
Komikazee

Sam
11-18-2001, 08:12 AM
Just did mine yesterday, remember heat kills.

Sam

MOP
11-18-2001, 09:28 AM
Hi invest in Bearing Buddy's worth ther weight in gold, my trailer is ten years old with original perfect shape bearings.

Phil / Long Island

HP 600SC
11-18-2001, 08:15 PM
Buddy Bearings are great...BUT dont use those
silver or blue (or any color )rubber covers on them!
They actually hold water underneeth and will
rust the C-clips and springs on the buddy,
and will ruin them totally. If you have them on then pull them off before you go to the water, and wait till there dry before you
put them back on. I learned the hard way. :(