PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta gathering????

olemissalum
12-30-2002, 06:21 PM
OK, when will we have the first Atlanta Donzi gathering and where?? boated alot last summer on Allatoona but this summer will be on Lanier most likely. Need info on good launches as I will be coming from south side of town. can't wait to put the new boat in the water!!! come on Spring!!!!!!

Bad-Tat
12-30-2002, 09:57 PM
Olemiss,
To late for the first Atlanta gathering. We had that one this last year as a warm up for AOTH at Tomahawks house. I launch at Bald Ridge Marina exit 15 off Ga 400 when they have enough water. This last year have been going up farther north.

ToonaFish
12-30-2002, 10:44 PM
And don't forget our boat show outing... I'd told ya'll that I weighed 400 lbs and you were looking mighty strange when I walked up. Bet there are salesmen still trying to figure out which of you was my sugar daddy and was who they needed to convince to buy one of their gofasts...

Bunches,

Celene 'and Griz showed me a half a$$ed seat'

BigGrizzly
12-31-2002, 02:11 AM
I launch at War Hill Park, North lake around 400 and 53. as doea Lil Griz. Due to back operation on this comming Jan 2. 2003 I will be out of boating untill AtohIII.except on very calm days and after 5:00pm

mikev
12-31-2002, 02:17 PM
we allwasy put in at young deer since its five minutes from the house. hopefully things will be less hectic this summer and i can hook up with you guys.

Tomahawk
01-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Jim (OleMiss) - if you're coming up from the south, you can choose Hwy 400 (west side of Lake) or I-85/985 (east side of Lake). I'm on the East side up I-985 at exit 16 (Oakwood). There is a great 4-place ramp, and docks, (actually floating now!) at Balus Creek, about 100 yards from my dock. It's at the end of Mountain View Rd. Sign on my dock says "Tom's Live Bait and Sushi Shop." Donzi crazies are welcome to stop by any time.
I am planning to have the second Lake Lanier "Boats, Burgers and Beer" pre-AOTH warm-up, at my house this Spring. Since we leave for AOTH on May 29, I'm thinking May 4 or 18. Will decide later as things develop. (My work and Randy's back recovery). When I decide, I will post here and personally e-mail everyone I know in the area. :)

olemissalum
01-05-2003, 04:04 PM
I think the closest launch to me will be off of 400. Tomahawk, never been on Lanier so may take me a while to find your dock, but will look for the Sushi bar sign :D Almost hooked the boat up today and made the run to the lake but had to take all the X-Mas lights down. Oh well, spring will be here soon, right???? :confused: