PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good used stock 26P Bravo I prop

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-19-2002, 01:49 PM
I just started looking yesterday, I saw the ebay one found in the lake.
ALSO why are some solid hub and some the metal removable like my 24P???

Thanks
Bryan

BigGrizzly
09-19-2002, 03:04 PM
The solid were early high performance props than the plastic centers came then the mtat removable centers came in liu of the solid hub

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Thanks Griz, so a solid hub is obviously older, will it work on the new OM serial Bravo I's?
Is it better than the removable metal sleve?
Why did they go to the removable metal sleeve?
Your student for the day.
Thanks
Bryan

HP 600SC
09-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Bryan, you can still order solid or flo-torque hub
props from Mercury, typically solid hub props are used in very high HP applications as in racing,
so there is no chance of spinning out the hub.
The down side is that if you hit something with the prop...bye bye propshaft. Flo-torque hubs
are interchangable from metal to plastic or vice versa. The plastic will somewhat protect the propshaft if you hit something.
Ted M.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Reason I ask is the EBAY 26P is a solid hub, supposedly recovered from a lake bottom etc. Looks all slimy and stained but not beat up.
$ 280...
It peaked my curiousity, I will likely seek what I am accustom too.
Thanks for the info Ted, I hope you and the family are doing fine.

Ted, how far are you from the factory, my boat will be there when they open 21 Oct.

I also had a hard time finding the BUY from Merc page for their lab props etc, guess I will have to call them for pricing data. Any guess on a labbed 26P Bravo I cost wise?
Bryan

HP 600SC
09-19-2002, 06:23 PM
Bryan, I am 35 mins. from the factory.
Kathy and I are fine, Thank you :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-19-2002, 06:33 PM
Ted, as time draws near and I get my trip tic the week before from AAA, I may ask for best directions spelled out in laymans terms.
Thanks
Bryan