PDA

View Full Version : 'Real' Donzi's

Crazy Horse
11-16-2001, 11:57 AM
Yesterday I took my 6 year old, Jared, to work with me for a few hours. We stopped and got a video that he wanted to see on the way to my office. I plugged him into 'Spy Kids' in the waiting room and went about me business. A while later Jared burst into my office and said 'Hey Dad the bad guys are in Donzi’s...well they're not in real Donzi’s they are in those Z ones'.

Kent Perroux
11-16-2001, 03:54 PM
LMAO!!

My 5 year old (turns 6 in Jan) is getting a big kick out of steering my 18 (I throttle).

Last weekend he did about 20 laps around East Lake Toho at 50+. Wearing his racing goggles and vest of course. When we got home, he walked up to me and said, "Dad, I love MY Donzi"

Uh Ohh...

mattyboy
11-18-2001, 01:07 PM
my daughter saw the movie and said there were donzi's in the movie, and she said that charlie angels have a donzi too!! she said they were big ones not a little one like ours
Kent I let my son (13yr old) drive at idle this year. he just past his NY state certification I'm alittle leary about letting him drive at planning speeds see we both don't fit in the bucket seat, and I'm not sure he can handle the constant pressure you need hold the wheel from pulling to the left? next year I think I'll give him another chance he's in a growing spurt right now, I'm afraid of creating a fanatic you know it goes from our boat to his boat!

Matt

Formula Jr
11-18-2001, 04:44 PM
When ever I'm back in MD, I let one of the young nephews run the boat at wot - well any boat I'm using at the time. And they get this funny little maniacal look in their eyes.

Priceless.............

;)

MR MAGOO
11-18-2001, 04:59 PM
My next door neighbors daughter is 13 and she drives an 18 Hydrostream with a 2.4 Merc. She cruises around by herself with the other kids on the river. :eek:

She does handle it real well though.

MR MAGOO
11-18-2001, 05:03 PM
My next door neighbors daughter is 13 and she drives an 18 Hydrostream with a 2.4 Merc. She cruises around by herself with the other kids on the river. :eek:

She does handle it real well though.

Formula Jr
11-18-2001, 05:49 PM
Sooner or later, if everything works out, the nephews will become Wharf Rats and all that entails.... and I'll look sideways when the boat comes back wrecked.... cause that's exactly where I want them........... ;)

Sagbay32
11-18-2001, 09:12 PM
We watched the movie "Heartbreakers" with Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewit the other night. They were cruising around in a Donzi C/C (ZF I think).

boldts
11-18-2001, 10:31 PM
Guys,
My daughter is 4 and she loves to drive the Donzi at an idle. Hopefully, mom got some pictures as we were coming in off the lake this weekend. I'd like to put a pic in the Donzi Girl file.(That is if she was able to keep her finger nails out of her mouth to take a picture.) She spells D..O..N..Z..I.. Daddy's boat! Really brings a smile to her dad's face. I'm truely a very lucky guy to have 2 Donzi Girls. :)

Kent Perroux
11-19-2001, 08:17 AM
Matty,

You need either Hydraulic or power steering. I got my 18 when my oldest son was 11. We put a lot of hours on it that year until I felt comfortable with him driving. Then I had him driving all summer pulling me skiing. At the ramp one day (when he was 11) had some guy complaining about a "KID" driving around, until my 11 year old drove the boat on the trailer like an expert. The guy came back and congradulated him and asked if he could get lessons.

They are never too early to learn.

mattyboy
11-19-2001, 10:11 AM
next season the boy will be able to drive my boat after the safety lanyard is installed, and I can figure out how to watch him either standin or kneeling behind him?

Matt

SundanceKid
11-19-2001, 12:24 PM
The boat in "Heartbreakers" is a 28 ZF that they borrowed from us over at Sundance.

cummins
11-19-2001, 02:07 PM
Look's like we have secured the next couple of generation's for the Donzi Registry :D