PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Tips Question for all

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-27-2002, 08:24 PM
I am curious about two things?
1. Brand of tips, description (pictures welcome), cost if you care to share.
2. Internal flappers or external Rubber Salsbury's. OR Both?

What are everyones thoughts on possible reversion in comparison to what they run and why.

I look forward to everyones responses, I am researching this for my own data, I have my new system, so I am hungry for everyone elses data and thought on the whole "tips" deal.

Thanks in advance guys.
Bryan
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellcanside.jpg

HP 600SC
12-27-2002, 08:35 PM
Bryan,
neither one will help you avoid water reversion from the engines own water going through the cooling passages. Internal "flappers"...are noisey and sound like you got a stuck valve, go with the "Turbulators from Gill ..and the Rubber Salisburys.
Click on the link below and look at item "B"

http://www.gilmarine.com/products/exsys/index.html

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-27-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks Ted, I viewed the link in detail last night after we spoke.
We have many custom Corsa tips in the club and each one is built differently internally, rings, flappers, mufflers etc.
Size wise I stayed with the 7" to replace my factory ones and keep the stock factory look.

As far as the water part, I wonder what possibilty exists on water coming back up the can to the risers to the engine, based on flaps/internals used etc., beached, at idle etc.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Another reason for asking is how my exhaust sits in the water.

Just trying to get smart on the whole exhaust thing.
Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvell333.jpg

Gearhead99
12-27-2002, 11:01 PM
The exhaust looks great. But, I would be more worried about the tug boat coming on to you.

If he hits you broadside.........well you don't have to worry about the exhaust look.
LOL, LOL, LOL

riverrat
12-28-2002, 07:01 AM
my '18 came with the corsa tips & the external flaps like the ones in your picture. I think it sounds great. you can talk over the noise with no problem. Scot's boat (Harbormaster) has strait through exhaust & you can't talk over it. HE LIKES IT THAT WAY!! eek! eek!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-28-2002, 02:18 PM
Hard to believe only a few Donzi's have tips on them, surprised at the number of replies, I am very curious on what style flaps you guys have. - internal/Salsbury....
Is everyone exiting exhaust through the prop? wink

Help me out guys.
Bryan

mjpcowboy
12-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Internal flaps can be burnt out if you loose a sea pump. I use Teague tips with external flaps only and have had no problems. Just my .02$

Digger
12-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Bryan, I have external salisbury flappers here when thru transom is selected. (OEM "silent choice", pnuematic driven gate swithes from thru transom to thru drive) but that will change soon, diverter system is going away, Freedom will be straight thru transom only courtesy of Stainless Marine, if the fish cops ticket me for noise then I will consider tips.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-28-2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks Digger, I am just trying to see the numbers on who runs internals.
Your boat will be sweet with the new set up.
I plan to keep my mufflered tips for the future laws that will eventually come.
Bryan

Any word yet from the selection board?
My board is in May 03.

Gary S.
12-29-2002, 03:09 PM
Bryan,,,it's a bummer you asked this now not five months ago, I fab'ed a set that had internal back flow and an internal muffler, I think would have worked well. I was really hoping someone would have wanted to try them to see how well they worked. This post might have found my test subject.