PDA

View Full Version : Progress...

Jamesbon
12-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Hello all,
Finally rounded up 9 neighbors and flipped the hull right side up.

I had to fasten these 2x4's and 4x4's to the opening of the hull in order to strengthen her prior to rolling her back over. I suppose you could get away without the structure in an 18 or 16, but the old 21 is considerably larger and probably wouldn't fare too well. Hope this helps anyone who will be doing the same...

I'm in process of removing the old white paint in preparation for new gel on the interior.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/nscside1.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF7.jpg

Brad Lyon
12-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Looks sweet! You aren’t making too much noise and forcing the neighbor to move are you?

Brad

Kirk
12-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Nathan,

Nicely done....have been following your progress!!

I may hit you up soon enough for your tips on bottom paint. I will shortly (early spring 2003) purchasing a 73 16 sporter that need bottom paint. Fortunately the gel and paint are in good shape. But it defiantly needs bottom paint so looking forward to tips from the master!!

With that said I owe you a few "shaken not stirred vodka martini's

Thanks and happy holidays!!

KJ

BERTRAM BOY
12-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Kirk,
Are you the guy Chris and I met at the Scream 'N' Fly outing this fall?
We were in Geo's X-18 with the Arneson.......
I'd love to see your project...... I just got a ski sporter myself.....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Kirk
12-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Bertram Boy,

Yes I am that person...good to catch up with you in Haddam. Caught up with some of the posts of your latest exploits with Chris. Was that your early 16' with Chris's missle on board??

I spoke to you about a 74' 16 volvo 270 powered by a built chev. 350. It's clean but really needs bottom paint so that will be my first order of business. I plan on purchase very early spring 2003...why does winter last so long?

Tell me more about your project...I am so close buy, can I offer you any assistance with resto.?Would like to check your boat out.

Wildfire
12-24-2002, 08:14 AM
Looking good Nathan. Are you putting it on a rolling stand or up on the trailer? I am thinking you have a BBC to go in there. Tell me about it some time when you have a chance.

My Arneson sits partially disassembled. Other priorities and we have to move next week.

Fish boy
12-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Looks good Nathan. Just a thought, maybe a little photo history and step by step would make a great addition to the "how to" section. I know I would love to learn more, and I am sure many other members would too.

Fish

GEOO
12-24-2002, 12:11 PM
Nate,
Great job!!!
I don't know how you can stand the wait to have her finished up. I'm dieing to see her finished and running. Awesome Job!!!

Jamesbon
12-26-2002, 08:19 AM
Thanks Fellas.

Not much noise yet, Brad. However, the cops have made many, many visits to my home over the years. A couple years ago, we fired off a new engine with the boat on the lift (the transom faces the neighbors joint directly across the canal) and had to run her non stop for a half hour, the only problem was, when she first fired, it was about 10:30 PM on a Sunday night. Needless to say, I got a visit from the old Redington Shores Plolice Department. They had perfect timing, she had just logged about 35 minutes when they showed up :D My neighbor finally, after two years, has forgiven me.

Just wait till the 509 with dry exhaust needs breaking in eek!

I look forward to the martini's Kirk!

Wildfire, I may leave it on blocks for another week or two, then it's back on the trailer in anticipation for the deck. I have a radical (borderline pump gas/race gas) 509 BBC with all the good stuff in it. Just gotta get the builder to seal her up. Will post pics soon.

Fishboy, yeah, I need to get all my posts together on this project. There's probably a hundred pics and posts of this whole ordeal out there.

It's tough GEOO. Believe me, I'm dying...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!