PDA

View Full Version : Hydromotive Quad4 propellers

roadtrip se
12-22-2002, 07:07 PM
Sent a labbed hydromotive quad4 that we bought used back to Throttle-Up for a once over and tuning. Showed up on the door step Friday and of course it looks brand new.

Temperatures were in the 60's Saturday, so we just had to try it. So what if the winds were gusting at 20-30mph. We own an offshore boat right?

This prop is awesome.

With the mirage three blade, we would get spin-out when coming up on plane and all of the typical Donzi Classic handling nuances like the leaning in turns etc.

This prop hooks up and pops you on plane. Turns are crisp and no leaning at any speed. Rough water handling is truly sweet. The bite is incredible.

I have spent some time on an 18 Classic with a hydro q4 bolted on with the same results and this boat didn't have the shortie drive.

Downside? It takes more juice to push four blades and you lose a mile or two top end. For speed runs with the rest of you fanatics, I'll run the three blade, but my every day choice will be this prop for the fun factor.

For those of you looking for something different, we highly recomend this propeller on a Classic for real world grins!

Todd

farmer tx
12-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Road-T
Glad to see you could get on the lake.
Wind or no wind you are a diehard.
Hope Jill is feeling better, can't see a little
head cold slowing her down much.
I'm glad you got some positive results.
Later, ( in Jan. I Hope)

riverrat
12-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Todd, what '18? what motor? Ours is a '99 350 mag 300 hp alpha.1.5 got any idea on size for it? I like my 3 blade mirage but the all around useage sounds good..
thanx for any info.
Merry X-Mas :D :D

boldts
12-23-2002, 12:04 PM
RiverRat - I believe the 18 is a certain baby blue X in the FL area with a 350? TRS combination. Give the Poodle a call. I believe he has a 23" Hydro 4 blade for sale that may just fit your needs. :)

Amazing how much prop investigation you can do when your lakes are frozen. It's the darn testing that's a pain! Is there ice on Lake Erie yet? Bryan T, I may need those winterization lessons real soon!

roadtrip se
12-23-2002, 04:11 PM
Riverrat,

Scott Boldt is right about Poodle. I know that Baxter runs a bit of a skunk works down there in Miami, so I didn't want to come out and say it directly. Now Scott can deal with Scott...

I run a 29 labbed mirage with a bit of cup removed. The hydro is a labbed 28 with the blades thinned and balanced. I would imagine the same rule would apply for you. Step down an inch in pitch for the three to four blade conversion. CDMA supports this theory on another similar post...

You won't be dissapointed...

Todd

Air 22
12-23-2002, 07:06 PM
If Poodle sells that 4-blade Bverd will hang'em... :D He's been try'in to get that prop off Poodle but Scotty wasn't sell'in...not yet anyway.. :D :D smileybo