PDA

View Full Version : What May Be Wrong !!!!!

jskvi
12-14-2003, 04:26 AM
Hello Everyone,
I live down in the virgin islands, and we just don't get many great days, to get out into the ocean, and really run my 22 classic. Well yesterday was one , 3 to 4 swells, slight chop, but very workable. I have a 454 / 385 hp with a 21 turbo prop. I was at a stand still, and gave it a lot of juice, to get up on plane to go in, and something gave on my bravo 1. First i thought it was the engine, but upon turning the engin on and off, it seems fine. I have no prop action at all, and i cannot even get into reverse. I could at first hear what i belive was a mid level thud, for a little while. Now the engine runs, but no movement in gear, no prop turn. Cannot even get it into reverse. I still had a beautiful day, got a tow from a really great young couple, out there with their dog. Anyway, anyone have any ideas on the problem ? The mechanic will check this week, i was just curious. Thanx, and everyone have a "" Merry Xmas ""
jim

BUIZILLA
12-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Check the hub in the prop..... first wink

J

BERTRAM BOY
12-14-2003, 07:42 AM
If you can't get it into reverse gear, I would say it's neither the coupler nor the prop hub.
But those are always two good places to start.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

terry
12-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Anything is possible but, if the coupler is broken it would not go into gear, bravo drives must me turning to shift. I have seen Bravos get stuck in gear or stuck out of gear just by shutting off the engine.

BLACKIE
12-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Hi JSKVI, your right about the nice weather in St. Thomas. My wife and I were just down there on a cruise ship last Monday. We spent all day in town. We had lunch on the main drag at a place called "The Green Frog" (I think). Cool little bar & grill, great view of the bay. Food was good, beer was cold, service was fast & and the price was cheap too.

What do you do for a living down there? Dosen't seem like there is much industry, just tourists.

BLACKIE