PDA

View Full Version : Full boat covers

Crossbow
05-15-2001, 07:44 PM
Anybody know of a place to get a full boat cover for my Z-33, seems all the magazines only list them up to about 30' I have a mooring cover but would like to cover the entire boat during the week when its not used much .any thoughts?

Crossbow
05-22-2001, 06:59 PM
C'mon somebody out there must have purchased an after market boat cover, Where did you get it ???

Murphy
05-22-2001, 07:21 PM
Hi Crossbow,
I don't know the 33, but for my Classic 22 the problem was to find a cover that was long enough but not too wide. Most of the covers I could find were nearly 8' wide while a 22 Classis is more like 7'. I called Donzi hoping to find a cool one with the name on it. No dice. They say they're not in the canvas business. Not very sales oriented in my opinion. Looked everywhere I could think of with no luck. Anyway, I ended up going to a canvas shop and having one made. Fits like a glove, sunbrella matched to boat, two vents and poles for about $500. There's my .2 worth. Good luck.

Murph

Tim Howland
05-24-2001, 07:22 PM
Crossbow,

I had a full canvas for the MINX made by West Marine, but it was genuinely too wide and sloppy. Had a new one made out of Sunbrella by the Canvas Guys in Gilford N.H. $450.00. It is a full mooring cover fits slick and draws at the transom just under the rub rail.

Good luck,
Tim.

green16
05-24-2001, 09:38 PM
Crossbow,
Thats what I did too. I had one made custom to fit my boat by a local Canvas Guy.
Good Luck

Crossbow
05-26-2001, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all the advice ,looks like a custom is in order! Boating season is finally here in New York ,but i'm still waiting for a good day to run my Crossbow from Hampton Bays to Montauk ,I want to take the ocean route so these Easterly winds we been having has put it on hold ,perhaps by midweek!!!