PDA

View Full Version : 15' Donzi Jet Boat??

Scubado
05-14-2001, 04:02 PM
Ran across this on the Bent Boat Website http://www.bentboat.com/files/inventory/1474/pics.html

Anyone seen or heard of this model before? I didn't know Donzi was in this market.

Forrest
05-14-2001, 04:19 PM
Is that really a Donzi?

EricG
05-14-2001, 04:40 PM
Boy I'm glad the early 90's "funjet" craze didn't last too long....I remember the boat show that year, EVERY boat manufacturer had to have one (Sea Ray, Bayliner, heck, even Donzi). 25 Years from now, someone's going to show up at the 25th annual Awakening of the Horses with one of these and cause quite a commotion!!

EG

Scubado
05-14-2001, 04:58 PM
Maybe this thing will be valuble someday.. like an Edsel??? Wonder how fast it is? 120 HP, maybe 45ish???

wbateman
05-14-2001, 05:23 PM
Don't know about the 120 hp but my 90 went about 38 with two up. Great fun jumping wakes along with the jet skis!!! Had it 15' in the air more than once. Official name was 152 Medallion.

rjwoody4
05-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Yes it's a Donzi...I own a Donzi 152 Medallion Jet Boat and think it's pretty cool. It doesn't have the horses but I can let my 15 year old son take it with out to many worries. We have a lot of fun with it. The 120HP SportJet will do 45 MPH on a good day. I added Lenco Trim tabs to help out. Also added small wind screens that I think spice up the look a little. Check out my first few pics on the member gallery site.
QUESTION: Can I add a PYLON or Tower to this boat. My buddy (owns a big boy DONZI) says they could be prone to flip. Any experiance on the matter?

cranberry521
04-09-2006, 12:43 PM
can anyone tell me where i can get wind screens for this boat.

gold-n-rod
04-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Ahh yes, from the days when Donzi felt the need to build every kind of boat to compete..... bowriders, funjets, and small cruisers. Somebody forgot to tell the decision-makers that old addage, "Do what you do best the very best you can do."

I'd be willing to guess that these mainstream boats damn near put Donzi to ruin. Sadly, they never made a dent in market share with these boats, either. Fortunately, someone got some sense before it was too late.

I'm not knocking anyone's boat, I'm just saying that the company strayed very far from mission and it damn near did them in.

:wavey:

Formula Jr
04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
hay,

I am in the middle of rebuilding one of these. And it might get towed 2400 miles.

I think there were only 1200 real Donzies made anyway. Some of us own them.

Now if I take this little 45 mpg tub to the limits of what it can do. Then it is a Donzi. Its what you do with the boat that makes it a Donzi. I can make a Bayliner a Donzi. But it will not last in that role. It will fall apart. And I've broken many boats. Including Donzis, though they are harder to break then the rest.

dis this boat if you wish. As a not-donzi. And you will think something else when I pass you in the rough. I'm not putting 90 back in it.

Barry Eller
04-09-2006, 06:43 PM
I didn't have a Donzi Jet, but I did have a 14.5' Regal Rush. It had a 90HP Mercury Sportjet engine. 3 cylinders bult by Force Marine. Fun boat when it ran. Always something breaking. Mabie 32 MPH tops, one person.
Yes, it had a Bimini top!!