PDA

View Full Version : Need more info on lake eufaula.....

roadtrip2
05-14-2001, 09:59 AM
As we were just coming out of Arkansas last night, aka Razorback Rumble Strip for its terrible roads, and with the bugs hitting our windshields like a snow storm in hour twelve; it seemed like a great time to talk about the next Donzi trip. Scott Dabbs and I are up for it. Need details, so we can set the days aside and make reservations. Thanks and look forward to seeing you southeast folks again at the ned of the summer. Todd

Forrest
05-14-2001, 03:24 PM
Todd, no waterfalls at Lake Eufaula, but the drive may a little shorter for you than the drive was to Kentucky. Lake Eufaula is on the Alabama-Georgia border. No, it's not like taking your Donzi in to a scene from Deliverance! Actually, it's fairly nice around there. In the past we got together at the Lakepoint Resort State Park (http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/parks/lakepoint_1a.html) just out side of the City of Eufaula, Alabama on the Friday afternoon of Labor Day Weekend and leave to go home Monday sometime. The accommodations are nice and the price is about $55/night. There is plenty of well lit parking, in-water slips if you want, cheap golf on first-rate course (if you have the time), and the boat ramp is . . . OK. We try to organize the event somewhat and usually a have mission. . . and the mission is to have fun. last year we had nine Donzis and took some long cruises but up and down the lake and into Chattahoochee River. I figuring that maybe this year in addition to some cruises, we should spend some time on the sandy island and do some bar-b-queuing. Who knows, maybe I'll have the Hornet II together by then and that way I can use it to haul the grill, picnic tables, coolers, kegs-o-beer, a volley-ball net, and a bocci-ball (cross country) set out there. If not, we will need to distribute the load across a few Donzis.

I hope to see all the Donzi folks from the past out there, including GeneS and his X-18, who we haven't heard from in a while, as well as a number of Donzi folks who have not yet attended this event in years past. Are you reading this GeneD? Even if your Donzi doesn't run, Nate, come on anyway. There is always extra room on someone's boat, and if you are not afraid of bears, Big Grizzly will give you a ride and tell you step-by-step on how you too can have build a motor with 698.5 HP. Oh, well he may withhold info on how to get that last 48.5 HP! Just remember, Eufaula, Alabama has easy access from all points in the South and some points in the North. Be there!!!

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-14-2001).]

BigGrizzly
05-14-2001, 07:15 PM
Thats a fact, I may even through in 30 of the 48.5 hold out. Come on out RT2 I still owe you that ride.

Randy