PDA

View Full Version : DAY 2/3 of the AOTH final UPDATE

Bryan Tuvell
05-13-2001, 03:24 PM
Saturday was a nice day, and all the DONZI's did a lunch run about 20 or 30 minutes up the lake. Mean while (we were late getting in on lunch) The VA gang started a raft up at the 76 Falls (behind us was the jet boat BIKINI CROUD! aaahhhmm! So then all the Donzi's rafted to us, 25 boats in a one line raft up!!!! It expanded the entire mouth of the falls! Many many pics were taken by all...

Then that afternoon we all went out by the damn on a fast run, did our thing, a few races, hung and headed in... Unfortunately for me, 2 miles from the Marina heading back at 40 MPH a heard a loud metallic tapping, I shut her down to avoid any damage, and had the STUNG MAN tow me back... God what a humbling 1 hour ride..... But I will say, it was worth all the crap he gave me just to see that STINGRAY and SCARAB crossing the lake at 75 to find their broke bud! So THANK GOD for my Z-Care Warranty (I hope it is good, I suspect a rod or bearing), the 22ZX will be in the shop Tuesday whan it opens.

Anyway then the keg, etc, I met allot of SUPER folks, and can't wait until next year... I would tell more, but the leader of this rally (Scott and Beth Bolts) can do all that, they TRUELY deserve that priviledge. Next year they can use my laptop for updating the BB.

Overall it was the best boating vaction I ever had, the 22ZX used over 100 gallons of gas in 3 days... thank goodness I don't have a BB Merc.

So, film/pics to come.
Oh, and I want to say now, you HAVE TO BE a type A personallity to attend one of these things, and thin skin won't cut it either. I out ran some and got smoked by many!

The HORSES ROSE TO THE OCCASION!
My hats is of to all DONZI owners!
Bryan

Forrest
05-13-2001, 09:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the meltdown, Bryan. I sure that you will be back and running very soon. It sounds like we relly missed it.

------------------
Forrest

Frank Civitano
05-14-2001, 07:57 PM
Bryan.

I hope everything goe's ok with your motor! It was really good to meet you finaly. Oh dont feel bad 100 gallons in a half a day is what I go through with the supercharger! I used to get 75 a weekend. I kind of miss the good days of not burning gas.

------------------
Frank Civitano

vagrant
05-14-2001, 09:21 PM
Hey bryan
I am sorry to here about the motor just be glad you have a warranty it should make things less painless . I'm glad i got to meet with you guys this weekend seemed liked one big blur it went by so fast i wished i would have had a couple of more days to get to know everyone a little better you guys (stung again and the scarab ) seem to be a fun bunch
maybe we will meet again in the near future and share some boating beverages together and thanks for welcoming me to the tie up at the falls i wished we had more time to hang out there is sure was a nice setting be sure to keep me updated on your motor and your next boating adventure take care and be safe talk
to yall soon
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

[This message has been edited by vagrant (edited 05-14-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
05-14-2001, 09:37 PM
Thanks you guys, at least I had 3 days of fun before she died on me... most of my motor head friends here back home think for whatever reason she is toast. Metal to metal clacking can never be good, and now she won't roll over....

I called our DONZI dealer today, I will drop her off first thing tomorrow a.m. They said as long as I have my Z-Care warranty card in hand (I do) I will be good to go, new engine, short block, or what ever is called for I should be OK.

Frank, it truely was great to meet you, Melissa and the boys. Hope to see you here for a visit soon, the invitation stands call anytime.

VAGRANT, I feel the same way, the weekend blew by and it was hard to visit with everyone. Lets hook up for the NC poker run, we are all in for it. I will email you the data....

My film is being developed, we have some great shots of the falls event. I will post them VERY soon.
Bryan.