PDA

View Full Version : Emmo is in the house!

Emmo
05-12-2001, 06:05 PM
After a long interuption I am back. The idiots at Mindspring (via Knology cable netwrok) discontinued the Hybrid servers on April 1 and did not tell me that my Hybrid cable modem would be permanently out of service. When I tried to troubleshoot it, they had no idea that the modem was permanently out of service and had me do hours of reconfiguring a computer that was functioning properly. Finally, on about April 14th, they figured it out but would not get anyone to call me to change out the modem. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/mad.gif Last week I bought my own modem and after several hours over several days, I finally got through to them that I had it installed properly and all they had to do was configure it properly on their end. It only took $1,500 worth of my cable testing equipment and uploading modem diagnostics to my website via modem to get them to perform. Now I am in an estimated fifteen minute hold time with their customer service to get them to credit me for lost time. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif Whew!

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

GeneD
05-12-2001, 07:57 PM
Emmo,
You old sea dog you!
Forrest, MP, and I have been discussing where the hey you have been. Thank Don you are back!
Welcome!!!!
What the new word?
How's the old 18-2+3 working?
We got a new motor coming for ole 007...a really cool 406 is in the works.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 05-12-2001).]

Emmo
05-13-2001, 12:01 AM
Thanks to BigGrizzley, I have the parts I need to fix the helmut on my drive. I still need to find a tap and re-tap the threads on one side of the helmut, but once that is done, the boat will be ready to go. Did you (GeneD) ever find gainfull employment?

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

AVickers
05-13-2001, 08:06 AM
One word:

Helicoil...

Forrest
05-13-2001, 12:50 PM
Welcome back Emmette!!! Ready for Eufaula III!!?

------------------
Forrest

BigGrizzly
05-14-2001, 10:06 AM
Emmet, Called your cell just beeping no connection. My phone mail is now fixed, so now I may know when your comming up.
I have the tap and everthing we need. Next time you come here make it for the weekend and we will set you up. Oh yes bring the boat and all parts. I looked and can't find the carb for your truck, sorry. Need your new cell number.

Randy

Frank Civitano
05-14-2001, 07:46 PM
Emmet. Geez long time know here! How are you? Boy its great to see you back!

------------------
Frank Civitano