PDA

View Full Version : 1973 21GT info

Fred Clarke
08-09-2001, 08:20 AM
Need some info. on what I believe to be a 21GT.

Any ideas where the Hull # may be found?
How rare is this boat?
How does it ride and perform? How good is the go fast character?
Any specific problems I should be looking out for? The transom is shot, the gas tank is galvanized - so it will need replacement.

Would love to hear any general info. at all- like interesting history etc.
Thx.
Fred Clarke

Jamesbon
08-09-2001, 10:01 AM
Fred,
In my opinion, if one's available, GET IT NOW!! Or I will :)

I have a 71, it's w i d e, roomy, sexy, solid, and potentially fast with the right hardware. Produces a dry ride, accomodates a BBC with room to spare. While my boat has probably never been faster than 60 mph, when she's wide open, she's stable as a rock, no porpoising (sp?) or chine walk what so ever. I'll let you know how she does when the 509 and ASD are installed. I've ridden in all "of our" Donzi's and everyone has it's own characteristics. The GT rides most like the 22 Classic. It doesn't have the snappy agility of the 18, but sure is nice in rough water. More of a cruiser, but pop in 600 HP and I think you're in for a wild ride.

They've got to be among the rarest of breeds on this board?? I can only think of about 4 on the registry, MarkGT, someone else, someone else w/ a light blue one, and maybe one more??

I just ripped my transom out, and am replacing my tank too. Not that they needed it, but I plan on having this boat the rest of my life and hopefully never removing the deck again, so I decided to do it all. In my opinion, the transom rebuild will be fairly easy.

My serial # is located on an aluminum tab screwed to the inside of the port stringer just ahead of the engine and just before the fuel tank bulk head.

Don't know much about their history....maybe someone else can offer that.

What else do you want to know?

C'MON GT owners, fess up, and let's see some pics too!