PDA

View Full Version : Tiller????????

Scott Pearson
05-09-2001, 07:07 PM
OK...This is going to be a stupid question. I'm measuring the distance for my steering cable and I understand the Center line of the steering wheel. But what is the center line of the TILLER connection? Im running a Big-T helm with a Merc. GEN 1 power steering set up.

Having a bad day here! Cut the left side center rub rail and it came up just a touch short. Now I have to order another 12 feet. Go figure...The bow and stern with all the bends came out perfect.

To top it off I can fit my fat ass up under the deck to glass the ski rack down!!!

This thing is driving me nuts! 36 more days till THE LAKE GEORGE DUST OFF!!!!!

I hope I make it.

(NJ)Scott

GeneD
05-10-2001, 09:46 AM
Relax!
Not to worry...
Do you have LH or RH steering? Just curious, has nothing to do with the tiller centerline.
The tiller centerline is the hole where the steering cable is fastened to the power steering control valve.
On our set-ups, the power steering valve fastens to the tiller arm on the drive, so YOUR tiller arm centerline is on the valve.
What type of shifter are you using and what length cables did you run for that? I need to get new cables myself.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Scott Pearson
05-10-2001, 03:54 PM
Gene,
Its port steering. I think I understand. Its the piece with the threads right? You measure the center of the threads where the cable housing gets attached.

I have the orig morse control. Ran a 13 foot shift cable and a 12 foot throttle. Worked great.

(NJ)Scott

Jamesbon
05-10-2001, 03:59 PM
Scott,
You boat looks beautiful! Can you post some more pics for us? Also, what's the $$ damage for rubrail? I'll be needing enough to circle my 21GT...

Nate

Scott Pearson
05-10-2001, 06:20 PM
Nate,
Thanks! I will take some more pictures and have LOOPED or you post them if you could.

The rub rail is about 36.00 for a 12 foot piece. You will need 4 pieces. It will be just under $150.00 for all of them. Make sure you get 3/4 not 1 inch.

(NJ)Scott