PDA

View Full Version : Stains on my deck!

AVickers
05-08-2001, 11:34 PM
Ok guys,

I know there's a product out there that will work to remove some tree stains from my deck: I just don't know what it is.

I have a tree in my yard (maybe an Oak or Cedar or maybe a Crepe Myrtle) that leaves a faint rust-colored stain on fiberglass. Last year on my 18' and this year on my 22'.

There's nothing on the surface (like when a Pecan or Pine Tree does its thing) -- only a faint rust-colored stain that appears to be just below the surface. Last year when this happened I used up an old can of a product called TR3 Finish Restorer when I was detailing the boat and it worked like a champ. Unfortunately, the can I had was probably 20 years old and I've been unable to find any more of this product.

On the current stains I have tried all the McGuire's Products (including rubbing clay), I have tried FSR gel, I have used Nu Finish and Carnuba Wax/Cleaner and I've used Simple Green, Shout and Spray & Wash. Nothing touches the stains...

Knowing that at least one product (the TR3) will remove these blemishes without a lot of elbow grease, I'm hesitant to start in with the rubbing compound.

Anybody got any ideas about a contemporary product that will clean my boat?????

Looped
05-09-2001, 07:34 AM
avickers,
Doing a quick search I came up with two routes. Here is a competitor’s product of the TR3 Resin Glaze: TS ClearCoat (http://www.tsservices.com/cc.htm).

Here is the Company that owns TR3 (http://www.pacificmarketing.net/factories1.htm).
Maybe this will help.

Craig

Stan
05-09-2001, 11:50 PM
Try some " Soft Scrub" it has bleach in it, its what I use.

Stan

BigGrizzly
05-10-2001, 12:13 PM
Purple power works good used on my boat. Get it at Advanced Auto parts
Randy

DonziDave
05-10-2001, 01:41 PM
Try "On-Off" by MerryMate. This is a leaching agent. Be careful - product is diluted hydrochloric acid - It produces really cool smoke as soon as you uncap it!
Used this stuff for years - works great - does not harm glass or paint - just keep off metal and skin. Use in ventilated area - just hose off.
Dave