PDA

View Full Version : 24' Donzi

anotherScott
05-08-2001, 07:09 PM
Just bought a 1974 24' with twin 280 volvos. Anybody have any ideas or knowledge of any aftermarket products that will let me tilt them up and use them in shallow water like I do with my alpha. I know absolutely Jack about volvos. Thanks, Scott

boldts
05-08-2001, 10:58 PM
This may not be what your looking for, but you should have a trailer tilt for the drives. I know this is not apples to apples, but with my 250 Volvo I use the trailer tilt and lift the drive and then bump the drive back into gear. At an idle, it usually will stay up for a short distance. Sometimes a stop and relift is required. The main thing to remember is to be sure and lower the drive again before hitting the throttle. It makes a very loud thud as it comes flying back down and hits the trim rod that it rests against under normal operation.

Scott Boldt

BigGrizzly
05-08-2001, 11:07 PM
there is no readially available trim kit, on my old 16 the power tilt would work if i didn't throttle yp ans just idled. The only other options are a 280T set up if you can find one/two. On my corsican I replaced the 270 with a 290 and now have power trim as wellas tilt.

Randy

anotherScott
05-09-2001, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the advice Scott and Randy, I will idle in with them in the up position. First launch will be the 19th.

Scott

olredalert
05-09-2001, 08:10 PM
Hi,
Just ol red here wondering which 24 model you have?Also wonder how its powered?Im presently in the middle of a fairly big resto-repower on an El Pescador,and always am looking for other 24 owners.Hope to hear from you..............Just..........ol red

anotherScott
05-10-2001, 06:55 AM
Hi Red,
It is a Doral,original gelcoat,twin 350 chevys. I am looking forward to putting her in on the 19th.

Scott