PDA

View Full Version : Final Pre-AOTH String...

STUNG_AGAIN
05-08-2001, 02:05 AM
I felt it only fitting to initiate a "FINAL" pre-AOTH string since the opportunity to post ends today/tonight for some such as the "Virginians" because we're on the road headed that way tomorrow a.m. (Wed).

It's been great talkin' it up these past few months as it not only may have brought some friends together with a common interest, most you guys Donzi's, me boats in general, but it has also provided a common theme to chat about over the course of the winter. I may or may not get a chance to sit and follow up this string because since I do leave tomorrow I probably will be loading my truck etc. with travel/boating goodies checking oil, yadda, yadda and won't get to log on, but I will try. Bryan, Bob and "Tweety-Boy" I hope you guys are ready and you're checklists are complete. I'll see you boys at 6am tomorrow and the rest of you guys on the Lake. Be sure to look for me, I should be easy to find while trying to keep an eye on Bryan T. See you there and have a safe and uneventful trip.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

Tom on Lanier
05-08-2001, 05:03 AM
Bandit, Roadtrip - do you guys know of what the dam activities generally consist? Do they do drag races, side by side top end runs, solo runs on radar or just whatever come to mind? My propeller technician asked me to inquire. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Tom on Lanier
05-08-2001, 05:42 AM
Like most of us, he just needs more horses http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Bandit
05-08-2001, 07:06 AM
Hey Tom,

It's casual racing at it's best out in front of the Dam.

Each Sat. evening (mainly from Mem. Day. to Lab. Day) several types of powerboats float out in front of the Dam after a day at 76 Falls. When somebody is ready to show what they got they take off slowly on the outter loop of the boats and if you want to match up with the guy you tag in with him and once you both get lined up to head away from the Dam, you're off to the races. Then they usually line up the other way and run them back, so you get another chance.

There's a lot of talking, so all of this varies depending on the drivers.

Somebody had mentioned bringing a radar gun, so I guess they would have to organize that run.

The lake is real wide around the Dam and it can get pretty rough out there in a small boat.

People that are showing up this weekend are there to check out the Donzi's and run a few of them. Therefore, we can plan whatever we want and most will go along with it.

Do you think that guy had one to many packages on that wagon????

------------------
Bandit...

MikeMiller
05-08-2001, 07:13 AM
Hey gang. Just a quick note to say how excited I am to be visiting and joining in with so many of you that make my job so enjoyable.

I will be getting as many pictures as possible for our new website that I am currently having done for a July release. So everyone needs to smile!!!!

Somewhere along the way I will ask for everyone's attention so I can get rid of some Donzi paraphenalia. Would that be okay?

Everyone drive safely!!

Mike Miller
Donzi Marine

Bryan Tuvell
05-08-2001, 08:20 AM
I could use another Donzi beach towel!
PLEASE!

Bryan

Forrest
05-08-2001, 10:31 AM
You guys are sure awfully "chipper" for posting that early in the morning! Hell, I don't even start drinking coffee until 8:00am!

Sorry to say that I going to miss everyone up there at AOTH. I know it's going to be a great time. Donzis from all over. Just don't bump into each other out there. . . and uh, good luck hangin' with GEOO and the 'Grizz! I'll definitely make a point to go to AOTH II next year, as well as the Third Annual Lake Eufaula Donzi Roundup, and any other events that we come up with in the Southeast. Hay Tom, how 'bout an event on Lake Lanier? The 'Poodle was talking about a get together sometime in the Florida Keys. Oh yea! I like that idea.

Anyway, have fun and let the folks who are not going know what we missed. If you can, log on during the event and post some pictures. Tha would be great. Kinda makes us unfortunate Donzi guys the can't go this time not feel totally left out. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-08-2001).]

roadtrip2
05-08-2001, 11:48 AM
It's o'dark hundred early Wednesday morning May 9th. Out there in the fog is the Diesel Wagon, complete with Donzi Classic, ready to spring to life. You linger for a moment over a cup of hat java to relish the good fortune that allows you the honor to be the western-based scouting party for the AOTH.
Six o'clock. We fire up the PSD, shattering the quiet, and prepare to head out east over the serengeti, also known known as Dallas Fort Worth traffic. In Arkansas, we pass by a shotgun pellet riddled sign that used to say something about the birthplace of a former president. Pass through Memphis, observing a moment of silence as we go by Graceland, for Elvis is the patron saint of all road trippers. Between Memphis and Nashville, we pass some guy on an oxcart with a donkey hanging from it. Stop to offer help, the guy is out of his mind nuts and mumbling, so we run back to the wagon and move along. Arrive in Nashville at 5:00, just in time for another traffic jam. Play chicken with a Geo Metro. Oh yeah, got to pick up Steve at the airport. Let's take a boat to the airport! Excellent. Head north into Kentucky.
8:00-9:00. We arrive in Jamestown. Nerves, what nerves for we launch in the morning! Paradise undiscovered. Perhaps just one or two of these magic elixers in the cooler...
We sleep well tonight for tomorrow begins an excellent adventure. Virginia boys, keep it between the lines. There are a lot of people out there counting on you as the eastern scouts. We will call you when we get in. Best of luck to everyone and let's roll!!!!!!!!!!! That is all, ROADTRIP

Bryan Tuvell
05-08-2001, 11:56 AM
ROADTRIP, be safe too... we may have a few hour delay so we may get in real late tomorrow evening, it is a boat issue on the new 26zx, Bob is at the dealer now supervising a job...

See ya Thursday for sure, I got your cell in the phone.
Bryan

GEOO
05-08-2001, 12:49 PM
Boldts,
Are we still meeting up in Columbus on Friday am?? I'm leaving CT Wednesday morning and won't have access to a computer until Kentucky. GEOO cell (203)258-5222

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 05-08-2001).]

bverd
05-08-2001, 02:57 PM
Bolts,
Can you post my cell on the website. 703-887-3453 Leaving Wednesday evening, ariving Thursday AM. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Geoo -- I still owe you drinks for your help with the carpet -- it looks great. What can I bring down for you, seeing as I can't purchase anything there?

[This message has been edited by bverd (edited 05-08-2001).]

vagrant
05-08-2001, 03:44 PM
gentlemen
i'm looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend my departure may be delayed by a day because of mech problems with my boat there working on it as i type . Guys have a safe trip and lets have a good time this weekend with no problems take care be safe and see yall soon.
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

boldts
05-08-2001, 07:33 PM
Hey guys if you didn't know, we've made the Lake Cumberland News. Go to http://lakecumberland.com then click on news. Story: Organizations get a jump on summer and start the fun on the lake this weekend.

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

boldts
05-08-2001, 07:56 PM
Geoo - Plan is still to meet you by 06:30 at exit # 100 on I-71. (Waffle House) This exit is 1 exit south past I-270. I'm putting the finishing touches on the boat tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope to go to the lake tomorrow afternoon for a test run.

BVerd - I will add the cell number as soon as I get done here. Keep that VA gang in line.

Scott Boldt

GEOO
05-08-2001, 08:03 PM
Bverd,
No worries.... I'm glad to help. GEOO http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Bandit
05-09-2001, 07:08 AM
Hey ScottB.,

That's a nice ad!!!

The Lexington Herald-Leader is running an AOTH article in the Sat. Weekender section and the Louisville Courier Journal is doing the equivalent.

If anyone needs assistance (directions, local info, etc.,) you can reach me at 606.678.4838 or on the cell 606.305.3339.

For those of you that were not able to make it this year, you can join us live from 9:00-11:00 central time at www.wkym.com (http://www.wkym.com) .

------------------
Bandit...

GeneD
05-09-2001, 08:00 AM
Well, guys...
I am sorry to say I can't make it either.
I tried like heck to get a ride from the FLA guys, but the logistics just didn't work.
The little blurb about racing by the damn sounds like a lot of fun, I am disappointed I am going to miss good clean fun like that.
Oh well, can't cry over it.
Now...MP is talking about a Keys rendevous?
How about the APBA race in Islamorda? Might be too hotel restrictive, but it's a thought!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Riley
05-09-2001, 08:23 AM
Jealous? You bet I am! I would love nothing more than to be heading South with the Donzi in tow. I hope everybody has a fun and safe time at the AOTH, please fill us "wannabe's" in when you all get back. In the meantime, I'll be enduring a miserable weekend with forecast highs in the low 40's over the weekend, with the potential for SNOW on Sunday! Gotta love Spring in Northern Michigan.

wintersux
05-09-2001, 09:09 AM
I really, really, wanted to go to AOTH!! For all of the wanna go but can't unfortunates, please make the video available and post pic's for the rest to see. Have a safe weekend!

boldts
05-09-2001, 10:53 PM
Well, for you all that are not on the road yet, I just got home from the local lake where I test ran my Donzi. Started out a little iffy. 1.Took an awful long time for the block to fill with water and start spitting it out the exhaust. Pulled the hose and checked to see if possible impeller problem. H20 pumping a ok. 2.Shifter cable has a collapsible rubber part back by the engine that had broken and was throwing water all over the bilge. Probably need a new shifter cable, but I was able to use a hose clamp and seal the water leaking out of this cable. Started engine and wala. Water out the exhaust and no leaks in the engine compartment. Ran her easy for a while to make sure all was well. The real reason for wanting to run the boat before AOTH was the new trim hole that my Dad helped me add to the 250 Volvo. We moved the furthest hole from the transom out another 3/16". What a difference. The bow rides up higher which means less wetted surface and from 4000 on up to 4900 RPMs, the boat just keeps gaining speed. Gives you that feeling of being put back in the seat. No prop cavitation or slippage. Best speed improvement ever made to my Donzi. Really lets the stainless prop do what it was meant to do. It was a wonderful evening at the lake. Can't wait to get on the road to Lake Cumberland Friday morning.

Scott Boldt

Dr. Dan
05-09-2001, 11:20 PM
Good Luck Guys, have a Safe and Jumpin weekend, we all await great pics,any of you guys going to Fasteddies Lake George Dustoff?...Doc

MikeMiller
05-10-2001, 01:22 PM
Boldts,

I'm gettin' on a plane at 8am Friday morning and headin' to the AOTH!!!

Just a couple of things: I will be arriving at the Marina around 4pm. I have a bunch of stuff that arrived today (Thursday) at the Resort. Flags, banners, goodies, and other stuff.

I'm not sure when you arrive but I would like to help set up. If you need to set up earlier than I arrive, please call me on the cell at (941) 928-7642. I land in Lexington at 2pm. I will call hotel and tell them to let you into my goodie boxes to get the banners and flags.

See ya there! Call me!!

Mike Miller
Donzi Marine

Frank Civitano
05-10-2001, 02:41 PM
Ok Gang.. We loaded up the Truck and we are now on our way!! Donzi fever forever. As Willy would say On the road again. See everyone down there.

------------------
Frank Civitano

RickR
05-10-2001, 02:59 PM
Everyone
Don't forget we will be in the Bible Belt. You may have to drive to Tennessee to get brewskis.

Bring your rain gear, there is a front comming through Friday night. With all the clean and waxed boats and tow veichles IT WILL RAIN!

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

boldts
05-10-2001, 08:06 PM
Twas the night before AOTH. Boat is waxed, Truck is washed, and I'm on the internet checking to see if anyone has any last minute requests. So far, so good, although just because all the vehicles are cleaned up it looks like we may get a little rain. I'm checking all my lists and it looks like I have everything. Sleep tonight will be a difficult task. The sound of Horses running wild fills my head. The view of everyone's Donzi which have only been seen in past gatherings pictures and registry profiles will finally be seen in person. A new Donzi gathering is upon us. It has grown to an unbelievable frenzy with Donzi owners coming from some 17 states. All converging at a place called Lake Cumberland and a town called Jamestown Kentucky. There are plans of making a video for everyone to view, and lots of slide picture taking for a story in Hot Boat Magazine. On Sunday everyone will gather together for a breakfast together and some surprises. IT IS CHRISTMAS AGAIN IN KENTUCKY AS WE TAKE PART IN THE FIRST ANNUAL "AWAKENING of the HORSES" 2001

jwright
05-10-2001, 10:07 PM
I hope everyone has fun down there for me, wish I could have made it!!! but my boat is not up to par.
This is the first time in years that my boat has not cooperated for me... maybe it is afraid it will be jealous with all those other classics around... I will get it straightened out for the SE Michigan get together...
Have Fun...... and make sure it becomes annual!