PDA

View Full Version : carb spacers.....

Moody Blu'
08-07-2001, 12:43 AM
Anyone have any luck with these dood dads?
I just bought a TD 1" swirl torque STEPPED spacer.
It's suppose to improve wide open throttle response and give you 100-300 rpm more.
its not a square cut out, it has four circles with steps in each circle.

Will it do what it says?
Anyone ever try a 2" spacer??

MarkGT
08-07-2001, 08:30 AM
Skyblue

One of the Hot Rod Mags ran a test a few monthes ago on spacers on about 20 different types. There results looks like it more of a trial & error type thing. The most gains were obtained with the 2" thick ones. My boat came with a 1". I'm soon to try a 2" spacer, hoping for a few more RPMs. :D

GEOO
08-07-2001, 09:51 AM
Every engine response differently. Try it. GEOO

Philip47
08-07-2001, 10:24 AM
taller manifolds and spacer tend to be effective in high RPM situations, but also tend to take away from low end responce.

From what I understand at high RPM with the carberator close to the bottom of the plenium
the air flow and fuel tends to slam the bottom of the manifold and the fuel is taken out of suspension from the air and actualy forms dropletes at the base of the manifold.

The higher the RPM the taller the manifold to counter act this, but again you reach a point where the low end responce suffers.

Typicaly a high rise with a 1' spacer is about max

Moody Blu'
08-07-2001, 07:37 PM
I am so pissed, I went to put the spacer on today and go for a quick late afternoon rip and only come to find out that I only got to long carbureator bolts :mad: