PDA

View Full Version : New Gauges?

flametamer
08-06-2001, 07:59 AM
I currently own a 1994 22' classic and not happy with the stock gauges that originally came with the boat. (VDO) I am looking to replace the gauges and unsure what to use, price, and the ease of replacing them. I would like to use ones that will fit in existing holes and existing wires.
Jeff from Saratoga NY. Hey fast eddie did I see your red 22' sitting on a yellow trailer on rt9 Malta NY? (end of July)

Woodsy
08-06-2001, 08:15 AM
Check out http://www.livorsi.com you can get what they call a "Bass Pack" of 7 Gaffrig II gauges for about $275. These will fit in your existing dash and are the same ones that are coming from the factory in the new Donzi Classics.

Dave

Rootsy
08-06-2001, 09:11 AM
can also try rex marine, they sell a line of auto-meter gauges... i have a set.. i love em.. the VDO's Stunk pretty bad in my opinion... price for the tach, speedo, trim, voltage, oil press, water temp and fuel level was in the mid 300 range with senders...

marcdups
08-06-2001, 09:59 AM
Flametamer, I just replaced all my guages and actually finished them saturday, used merc guages and love them, I got scott to post the pics on the registry, check them out, had to build the face plate fron scratch though, next project, thru hull exhaust!!
good luck
Marc

new guages and a new

:D

Tomahawk
08-06-2001, 10:02 PM
And they look great Marc. I'd like to get a close look when we get to Lake Eufaula (Lake Walter F. Geirge). See ya there.

Moody Blu'
08-08-2001, 09:14 PM
how are those gaffrig gauges???
are they any beter than the teleflex lido series???

Moody Blu'
08-09-2001, 06:59 PM
anyone familiar with the gaffrig gauges?
are they better than the teleflex lido series gauges???

I double possted to TRY to get an answer :D

Ranman
08-09-2001, 08:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Gaffrig's are the finest gauges made. I also understand that they are most accurate. My buddies Gaffrig speedo is actually 1mph conservative vs GPS. If they're good enough to be standard issue on Fountain, Cigarette, Donzi, Apache, Warlock, Hustler, etc, etc... they're good enough for me!

Moody Blu'
08-10-2001, 08:04 AM
thats all I needed to know , and they are actually cheaper then the teleflex gauges, gaffrig here I come! :D :D :D

Philip47
08-10-2001, 09:10 AM
What did you use as a base material for your dash? Looks great!

flametamer
08-10-2001, 12:25 PM
I just ordered the bass pack 7 gauges today with teal bezels. I will get a before and after photo. jeff

Kikwear
08-10-2001, 12:34 PM
Marc,

Picture looks great. Could you give a rundown of the gauges you got. Looks like there's more than stock.

Moody Blu'
08-10-2001, 01:00 PM
flametamer, you can ask for colored bezels? was that extra?are they the gaffrig II gauges?
I talked with Ed on the phone who did you talk to?
what price did you buy them for?
questions questions questions.

Donzigo
08-10-2001, 07:33 PM
I just replaced my guages with GAFFRIG gauges with red trim. The work was done for me by a company in Miami called, ULTRA PANEL, 305-888-7709. they were very nice to work with and did a spendid job. they make most of the dashboards for Whaler, Regal, Donzi, and a host of other companies, both family and pe4rformance boats. They did the Donzi dashboards for the movie "Charlies Angels" and the yellow "Nash Bridges" Donzi, complete with Don Johnson's signature in fiber optics. The dashboard on my 1987 Z-25 is pretty cool with carbon fiber background and fiber optics, especially the DONZI insignia lighted is neat. All the work was done by Ultra Panel and shipped back to me.

flametamer
08-10-2001, 08:42 PM
Hey 71 skyblue donzi,

I ordered the white gaffrig II gauges. It is called the bass pack 7. You get the speedo (up to 60 or 80 mph) and tach. along with this you get 5 of the smaller gauges. The price was $263.00. I ordered 7 teal green bezels at $9.00 apiece for the small gauges and $14.00 apiece for the two larger. You also need the oil sending unit and water temp (on engine) for the two smaller gauges.I plan on doing this as soon as I get them.I will keep you posted. Jeff

marcdups
08-11-2001, 07:10 AM
H i, made the dash panel out of fiberglass and cut it to shape, Guages are mercury made by teleflex by the looks of it, the only extra guage is a depthsounder otherwise, trim, oil pressure, engine temp, fuel, volts, speedo and tach, they look and work great, thru hull exhaust today will let you know if it sounds like a tractor!! :eek:

Marc

finally a saturday off!! :D