PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Black Widow 24

Frank0
05-04-2001, 10:29 PM
I have never been in a Donzi so I don't know what to look for or expect. I am considering the Black Widow 24' with a 454 because it fits in the price range I am interested in and seems to be a quality boat. Does anyone have any advise pro or con about this particular boat? I currently own 3 boats from 18-28 feet long but they are runabouts and Cabin cruisers so I don't know anything about this hull design or motor. I want something that is not afraid of 4-5' waves in 25-35 mph winds. Would this boat handle waves of that sort? Is the 454 a good motor? Anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. The boat is located 1300 miles away from me and I don't want to travel that far just to find out that I could have bought a Mirage or Scarrab locally and been just as happy.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

EricG
05-06-2001, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the Board!! So you're from Chelan...the hands down most beautiful body of water in the world (okay, so I haven't been all over the world, but it's tough to beat!!)

I don't know anything about the 24 Black Widow, but as someone said in the other BW post recently, it may be an offshoot of the Earlier Z series - probably similar to the Z25 hull.

I do know that when the wind blows up on Chelan it gets really, really rough - as happened to me on the way down from Steheiken last August. My '88 Z21 handled it like a dream - 35-40MPH cruising with no instability or pounding - and it was a really dry ride. I'll be over at the State Park in Late June, if you're around I'd be happy to take you for a cruise.....

I realize this isn't much info about the boat your looking at, but I do know that others will agree: there may be other good boats out there, but you will NEVER regret buying a Donzi.....any Donzi.

Good Luck!

EG