PDA

View Full Version : North Coast Rockin’ & Roarin’ Offshore Grand Prix

GeneD
08-05-2001, 09:36 AM
Now...I looked up in the Registry that we have quite a few members in the Ohio area.
Do any of you Ohioians have any plans to attend the "North Coast Rockin’ & Roarin’ Offshore Grand Prix" in Cleveland, OH on August 10th - 12th?
Zero Cavity will be there on Thursday afternoon of this week. That is if I can work out my driving logistics properly.
I see that ScottB lives in Ohio, Scott...wanna join in on the fun? Probably gonna need a few patrol boats, get the picture? With that wrist band you can go practically anywhere we do, think about it.
Also, two weeks later, we have the "Offshore Grand Prix of Canada", being held in Mississauga, Ontario on August 24th - 26th. Now I saw a bunch of Donzi owners in Ontario. And not knowing how Canada is layed out (sorry northern dudes) I was wondering how many of you Canucks will be going.
And another thing, is Canuck a bad word, or is it similar to Yankee? This is what I am thinking anyway.
What's the deal? Who is going to either one of these events?
I am confident that Zero Cavity will be in the top 3 finishers in our class. Come and watch guys and gals.

boxy
08-07-2001, 07:38 AM
Geno, being a Canuck is always better than being a Yankee. :D :D :D
Thw majority of the guys on the board live near the Greater Toronto Area, which is where you are headed. I'm about a 4 hour drive away, and I'm still trying to get there for Sunday. Len is only 5 hours away, if he hops on board a 747. (think of Frank C making it to the Texas race)
Drop me a line when you get a chance, and I'll hook you up with some of the guys running the entertainment for the race.

GeneD
08-08-2001, 07:12 AM
So...what? No Ohio people coming to the race?
ScottB, what about you big fella?
I am leaving for Cleveland in about an hour. I forgot to pick up my dress uniform shirt from the tailors yesterday, now I have to wait for them to open...bummer...I could have been to Georgia by now!

boldts
08-13-2001, 08:06 PM
GeneD,

Sorry there was no response from me about the Cleveland race. Had family oblegations at Myrtle Beach, SC from the 3rd to the 12th. Just returned yesterday. Would have loved to have been a patrol boat at the event. Closest view of the racers in action you can get. I've done it before for the GLOPRA APBA Offshore group. Loads of fun and like you said, access to everything including usually some kind of thank-you gift. I've seen offshore boats heading straight for me on the first lap because my little 18 was being used as a course marker until the boats got their bearings to the next turn bouy. Even got the opportunity to ride in a "B" Class boat because I took the drivers wife out on the course to get in action pictures of the boat. Great opportunity for anyone who ever gets the chance. :) Sorry I was out of town!

GeneD
08-18-2001, 07:55 AM
Well Scott, you can make up for it by going to the race in Mississauga Ontario this upcoming weekend.
I am leaving early Wednesday, and should be there sometime Thursday.
Hope to see all you Canadian Registry members there. Check us out in the pits. Look for the yellow and blue tents, and the awesome Zero Cavity Armada.

boldts
08-18-2001, 12:10 PM
GeneD,

How about a trip to the Worlds down in FL. Are they still being held in Sarasota or is that a different group? I have an uncle in Sarasota who would really like to show me how to Bass fish and I believe there is rummored to be a Donzi gathering somewhere in that time frame? Sure would like to see the Offshore Championships again and watch you guys win it! Of course if the OH lottery comes through tonight, who knows, could be doing a lot of traveling in the future. :D