PDA

View Full Version : Marine Patrol can't keep up with Donzi's

donzinh
08-02-2001, 07:25 PM
Check out this posting from the Lake Winnipesaukee Fourm Site????

Marine Patrol can't keep up with Donzi's

Posted By: Don Zee
Date: Monday, July 30, 2001 at 11:08 a.m.

The Donzi Poker Run was this Saturday (7-28-01) on the Lake. They started from the Naswa in the morning and covered most of the Lake.

Around 1 PM the Donzis invaded Wolfborough town docks (to get their card or ticket game piece). This prompted complaints to Marine Patrol about the swarm of boats bumping other boats, crowding the dock and violating safe passage. As the MP approached the docks the Donzis, having gotten their game pieces, headed to their next destination. From Marine Patrol point of view, the Donzis saw MP coming and took off (violating safe passage in the process).

Marine Patrol took off after them in hot pursuit. Would you believe The Donzi Boats did not stop for Marine Patrol. Marine Patrol had to break off pursuit because the Donzis were too fast for MP to catch. Easier to bag those family boaters.

I hear tell that Marine Patrol tried to catch some Donzis several times and were out run each time. Too far to catch bow numbers. Never heard of any Donzi getting stopped.

Maybe Marine Patrol should get faster patrol boats. If Marine Patrol can be easily outrun, why stop for them?

Rootsy
08-02-2001, 07:47 PM
down here on western lake erie the Monroe County Sheriff's dept has a couple center counsel boston whalers and the like, one packin twin 225's... she's no slowpoke... but those boys dont really know what they are doin... back in the early 90's they melted down 2 125 johnsons, and a big merc in one year.... OUCH...

Air 22
08-02-2001, 10:53 PM
Guyzzzzzzzz

As fast as our toys go...They can't out run the radio!!! and as we all know lakes do have a shoreline...Be carefull.

This reminds me..a few years back waterskiing on Lake George the cops tried to stop us from waterskiing just after the sun went down(new law)
but their little boston whalers couldn't catch even a skiier!!! Had to pull the guy up into the boat and go like hell to escape
:D

RickSE
08-03-2001, 10:59 AM
We recently sold a 25' Proline Patrol boat to the New Mexico State Police. They special ordered the boat with a 502 BBC. It'll catch you if they want.

FASTEDDIE
08-03-2001, 11:25 AM
I was in that Poker Run and I was to the left of the Marine Patrol boat. He seemed to be going full bore which was according to my speedometer about 45 MPH. I stayed behind and to his left to observe his actions and noticed
1.) At no time did he turn on his red and blue flashing lights
2.) He never used his megaphone to hail any of the Donzi's
3.) At no time did the Marine Patrol turn on his siren.
If they were chasing Donzi"s boats, they were the only ones who knew they were chasing Donzi's, it had no outward signs to any of us Donzi's along side of his boat. After the Marine Patrol came a few miles out of the bay at a fast speed he turned to his left and I accelerated out further to his left to clear his turn as he turned back into Alton Bay.
It never was any Donzi's intention to break any rules, cause a commotion or out run the Marine Patrol, we thought the Marine Patrol was advised of the Poker Run and would be prepared for it. If we caused any problems, please accept my apologies.

roadtrip se
08-03-2001, 12:57 PM
All names have been changed to protect the innocent and any events resembling actual happenings are unintentional.....

Scott Pearson
08-03-2001, 01:55 PM
ohhhhh Eddie.....come clean now...45mph? When you saw the cops...you ran.....45mph to 65mph is more like it. You where laughing all the way back to the Naswa and up until dinner that night.

Now that you confesing...Do you want me to put on my white coller so you can tell me somemore? :rolleyes:

(NJ)Scott

Looped
08-03-2001, 02:41 PM
Did PaulO ever make it up there?

Starless, :(
Craig

FASTEDDIE
08-03-2001, 04:23 PM
Scott,
Where you at the Poker Run ? Did you bring your boat? We looked for you at every stop and just couldn't spot your boat, then again orange boats blend into the Sun so you can't see them.

Scott Pearson
08-03-2001, 04:26 PM
Ed,
I was there...you had to look really hard and you might have caught a peak of me between the waves.

(NJ)Scott