PDA

View Full Version : Bertram 31

gerry
08-02-2001, 01:04 PM
Bertram Boy, Forrest or any other member, help me find a CHEAP Bertram 31 idealy with no engines and in need of total reconstruction.

falcon
08-02-2001, 02:37 PM
I currently own a 31 bertram, my second , over the years I have looked at many in all states of disrepair, the cheapest I ever came accross was about 15K---and it needed everything. Try web site bertram31.com.

Formula Jr
08-02-2001, 02:38 PM
Gerry, you must define "Cheap." These boats, in any condition, are expensive. You also have, I believe, four models to pick from. There's a guy in Chesapeak City MD that specializes in 31 restores. As per usual, I just tossed out all my contact info last week. Looking around the Bay area there were about seven "on the hard in the back w/weeds." They were all in BAD shape.

BERTRAM BOY
08-02-2001, 02:51 PM
Gerry,
I have to agree with both Falcon and Owen on this one. Bertram31.com is probably the best sourse for information for these boats. There are classifieds as well.
As far as a "cheap" one?, well, I think you've missed the boat on that one (pun indended). About five years or so ago they could be had for a lot less money. Then when the Yanmar repower package became popular is when the prices started going up.
If memory serves, there were just under 2000 built, so you shouldn't have touble finding one. But a cheap one is going to take some work to find.
Luckily you're in Florida so it might be a little easier.
Try the South Florida Boat Trader and/or the The Florida Mariner.
Good Luck....Keep us posted.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

gerry
08-02-2001, 09:06 PM
Guys I have been in the bertram31.com before and traderonline.com The problem with them is that they only sell good running boats. They guy in Chesapeak Bay sells only the boats already recontructed.So as you can see the only way to find a Bertram 31 flybridge CHEAP and in need of TOTAL recnstruction is thru guys like you that might know of one lying somewhere.

Moody Blu'
08-02-2001, 09:21 PM
screw the bertram, just buy a couple donzis instead.
hmm lets see, an x-18, a zx26 and a f-33
you could probably buy all three for the same amount of restoring a bertram.
though I am talking out of my ass.
there is my two cents

falcon
08-03-2001, 08:44 AM
There are plenty of of boats in the 20-40K range that have tired gas engines, no gelcoat, but generally have all equipment working.These boats have been used hard but hold up.I think the problem is to find a true basket case that you would just be buying for the hull--i only came across one in twenty years. Most of the people on the web site have invested a lot of $$$ in their boats, but may have some leads for you.