PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Donzi Net

tmdog
09-26-2017, 06:26 AM
I keep getting this warning. Is it credible?

Warns me of this site containing malware and phishing. Warning is from Firefox.

Capevettes
09-26-2017, 07:54 AM
I've been getting the same warning from Firefox the last 3 days. I haven't experienced any issues after over riding it and going on the the site. Maybe our Malware is hyper sensitive. Not sure if there is anything here that could cause us issues. I'm no computer expert though.

gcarter
09-26-2017, 09:07 AM
I think it's relating to an ad at the top of the page, and not this site.

Morgan's Cloud
09-26-2017, 11:35 AM
I've been getting it for 3 days now as well and was about to post the same question . At least it's not only me .

(windows10/Firefox and all malware / anti virus up to the minute current)

Just Say N20
09-26-2017, 02:06 PM
Same here.

harbormaster
09-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Site has been scanned and nothing shows up. Admin passwords have been changed.

Harbormaster

wwahl
09-26-2017, 09:50 PM
I get a red warning every time I try to access this site. Somebody has dropped some bad judu on us here.

chip w
09-27-2017, 09:14 AM
I've been getting it, and am still getting it, on Google Chrome.

Capevettes
09-27-2017, 09:46 AM
I did not get it today.

Morgan's Cloud
09-27-2017, 11:22 AM
I did not get it today.

I didn't get it either , at first . Now it's back again .

tmdog
09-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Still getting the warning.:confused:

Just Say N20
09-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Still get the warning. Every mouse click on Safari, and constant banner across the top with Firefox.

Safari warning.

Capevettes
09-28-2017, 05:41 AM
Yep, back again this morning.

Marlin275
09-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Have this problem all week!

harbormaster
09-29-2017, 08:52 PM
I am currently reviewing all the posts starting a week ago and going backwards to see if there is anything posted that would trigger a malware/phishing site warning. So far, nothing. I checked site code and there is no indication of any changed code, so it's probably not a hack. This happened 5 years ago and turned out of be a false positive... I have already requested removal from Google. The warning is based on industry reporting. Working on it this weekend, so I hope to get the issue cleared soon.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

To be overly cautious until I have cleared all the recent posts, thousands over the past few months, please exercise caution and do not download any files or accept any installs. There should be no notices of out of date software or the like generated by Donzi.net.

Marcus

Carl C
09-30-2017, 10:28 AM
I get the warning on both my computers and if I "accept the risk" I get a malware warning and my hard drive races. Right now I can barely type. I'm staying away for awhile. Something is going on.

harbormaster
10-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Still working on the malware warning. Scans show nothing, but posting to a thread shows a redirect issue. Not sure if it's a false positive or valid.

I think I cleared up the errors - there was a mismatch between the forum code and the server system. That was my fault - I got in a hurry and got careless.

It's like chasing an intermittent electrical bug. Very frustrating.

Marcus
AKA Harbormaster

yeller
10-09-2017, 12:01 PM
My computer wont allow me to access the site at all. I'm sure I could if I turned of my virus software but not going to do that.
No problems on the phone but I don't normally visit sites that way. Doing it this time only to provide feedback.
Good luck and hopefully you can figure it soon.

harbormaster
10-14-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm now having the hosting company scan the site. I have scanned the backups and come up with nothing... still.

Marcus

Ghost
10-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all your work, what a PITA. -Mike

Morgan's Cloud
10-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all your work, what a PITA. -Mike

X's 2

wwahl
10-17-2017, 01:31 AM
Why isn't this fixed?

Greg Guimond
10-17-2017, 06:49 AM
These things can be a real challenge to fix. Thanks Marcus for the efforts and for anyone reading and affected this is a great reason to make a donation if you are not already a paying member!

If I try and open the site through my Chrome browser I continue to get the warning this morning. If I switch over to Internet Explorer I can access the site without seeing any warning.
:confused:

harbormaster
10-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Somewhere on the site is a malicious file. Over the next few days you may see some features come and go in an effort to locate the issue. Once it's deleted it takes a couple of days to get the notice cleared. I've narrowed it down to a set of scripts, but I haven't found the issue. Rather than go line by line through the code, I'm shutting off features until the issue is resolved, then add them back. There were a lot of add-ons when I took over and apparently one of them is compromised.

Again, sorry for the time it's taking, I'm trying to keep the site up while troubleshooting.

harbormaster
10-22-2017, 09:32 PM
I disabled a feature and do not get the AVG warning. Resubmitted to Google to remove the warning. To the users that have stuck out this PITA, please let me know through email, response to this thread or message if you see any issues.

Thanks,
Marcus

gcarter
10-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Thank you for your efforts Marcus!

harbormaster
11-11-2017, 08:56 PM
I'm not getting the warning in Chrome, but Firefox, IE and Safari are still showing. Chrome is run by Google who manages the warning site, so maybe Google has updated. Still researching. If it's something in the tens of thousands of attachment... I may never find it, especially if it's something old.

chip w
11-13-2017, 08:44 AM
I still got the warning on Chrome this morning. I ignored it. :)

gcarter
11-13-2017, 08:30 PM
I've noticed that in my 120+ page thread on my 22C Testa Rossa has lost
virtually all its pictures after page 7.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?50476-Now-I-m-getting-serious
I suppose there's about 500 pictures missing.
I hope when all this is over, there's some way to recover them.
I know many people have used this thread as a restoration guide.
I frequently get questions about methods and those pictures
have been very helpful.

yeller
11-13-2017, 09:22 PM
I still can't access the site from my computer because my virus software AVG won't allow it. My wife's Mac gets a warning on every new page load and the warning won't allow me to log in.
Only my phone doesn't get the warning and allows me to log in.

chip w
11-14-2017, 09:21 AM
I logged in using Internet Explorer today and did not get the warning. :)

Greg Guimond
11-14-2017, 01:27 PM
I can log on without any issue using IE, but when I try Chrome I get the warning. I use a Lenovo laptop for both.

CHACHI
11-14-2017, 01:36 PM
I haven't been here for a while since the warning.

FWIW, I am still getting it.

Ken

John C in PA
11-14-2017, 05:14 PM
I’m no expert, but this must be an IE problem as I’m exclusively on Apple devices and I never got any warnings.

John C

Marlin275
11-16-2017, 11:22 AM
In Apple Safari if you check this box you will see warning screens.

John C in PA
11-16-2017, 04:32 PM
In Apple Safari if you check this box you will see warning screens.

Yep, my security settings on the iPad and iPhone are set properly . When I wake up Windows Vista on the pc, I get the warning.

wwahl
12-10-2017, 01:15 AM
$25.00 just got sucked out of my Pay Pal account to support this site today. How about someone fixing it? There has to be a person who controls the site that can figure out how to remove the dangerous problem that signifies we are doomed to look at it.

tmdog
12-10-2017, 07:52 AM
$25.00 just got sucked out of my Pay Pal account to support this site today. How about someone fixing it? There has to be a person who controls the site that can figure out how to remove the dangerous problem that signifies we are doomed to look at it.

Not good. Still getting warning using Firefox.:confused:

CHACHI
12-11-2017, 05:39 AM
The warning comes up everyday.

Marcus it trying to get Google to help but...

Ken

yeller
12-14-2017, 01:29 AM
Nothings changed for me. I check every day. My computer won’t let me on the site at all, no matter what browser I use. My wife’s Mac gets a warning on every new page load and won’t allow me to log in. My phone is the only way I can log in but I can’t get a desktop view and I can’t see posted pics so my options are pretty limited.
I don’t want to have to abandon the site but I might not have any choice

harbormaster
12-17-2017, 07:01 PM
I report this as a false positive every two days... no response from Google. I have scanned the entire site with AVG anti-virus and it finds nothing. Researching, several years ago, the text editor that is used for the forum was flagged as a redirect and labelled falsely as malware. I'm going to disable the editor, ckeditor, to see if that will make Google happy.

Meanwhile, if you have the option to report this as a false positive, please do. Maybe it requires more than just me reporting it.

Marcus

yeller
12-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Finally was able to get my computer to log in.
I still get the warning, but at least now I can access the site. :yes:

I report this as a false positive every two days... no response from Google. I have scanned the entire site with AVG anti-virus and it finds nothing. Researching, several years ago, the text editor that is used for the forum was flagged as a redirect and labelled falsely as malware. I'm going to disable the editor, ckeditor, to see if that will make Google happy.

Meanwhile, if you have the option to report this as a false positive, please do. Maybe it requires more than just me reporting it.

MarcusMarcus, how do I report the false warning to Google?
I switched to Avast after AVG wouldn't detect and remove a virus I knew I had. Might be worth giving it a try.

harbormaster
12-26-2017, 08:43 PM
When you get the warning, you click on the "details" link and there should be a link to report as false positive.

If anyone gets a warning from your virus software, please email me a screenshot of the warning. My software doesn't report anything after changing some settings that removed some features of the forum.

Thanks,
Marcus

CHACHI
01-04-2018, 06:09 AM
Windows just updated and guess what..no more warning.

Ken

harbormaster
01-04-2018, 08:23 AM
Well that was a royal PITA, but I got a confirmation from Google last night that they cleared the site.

Sorry for the extended difficulties, but I do have a little more knowledge than I did, so if it ever happens again, maybe it won't take months to resolve.

Marcus

tmdog
01-04-2018, 03:12 PM
No more warning. Marcus, thanks for all the work involved getting site on track.:)

Greg Guimond
01-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Holy Moly, no more warnings for me either. Thank You Marcus for sticking to it!

Marlin275
01-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Good work!

Thanks for the perseverance !

yeller
01-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Thanks Marcus! :clap:

Ghost
01-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Thanks for fighting through it. -Mike

Lenny
01-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Nice work Marcus. And thank you

:)

Offset
01-06-2018, 11:02 AM
First time in months I have been able to get on. No message this morning.

Agreed what a PIA. Nice effort to get it sorted.

wwahl
01-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Well that was a royal PITA, but I got a confirmation from Google last night that they cleared the site.

Sorry for the extended difficulties, but I do have a little more knowledge than I did, so if it ever happens again, maybe it won't take months to resolve.

Marcus

Thank you very much for fixing the site, Marcus.

Morgan's Cloud
01-07-2018, 01:49 PM
This is my 1st visit back here in 2+ weeks and access appears to have returned to normal. Originally I could bypass the anti-virus warnings and still get on . Then something happened and it completely blocked access.
Seems OK now .

Add my thanks to the list !

chip w
01-08-2018, 11:54 AM
No warnings today and everything is working. Thanks for working hard to get it fixed! :)

Chip

Conquistador_del_mar
01-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Wow! I had all but given up but I tried today - thanks!

Carl C
01-22-2018, 08:23 AM
All is good here too!