PDA

View Full Version : Lake George pre-launch inspection

scippy
07-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Can someone tell me where, how much and the location of the Lake George boat inspection?
Bringing the 35' up to Bolton's landing in August .....any info would be much appreciated!

gcarter
07-14-2017, 06:35 AM
There's a large, very active marina just north of Bolton's, I don't recall the name....
The inspection was very cursory, short, and less than $10.00 ( I think). The marina
ramp charge is/was $35.00 round trip.
In the town of Lake George, there's a park and ramp. I've read that it's free if your over 60.
I don't know, but they may do inspections there also.

mattyboy
07-14-2017, 07:54 AM
+1 on what george said the marina is Norwal they will inspect it launch it and store trailer not sure on fees if you are staying at a resort that has a launch/ramp take it to norwals for inspection they will put a nose ring on her and the resort will cut it off and put it back when you leave

http://lgboatinspections.com/

scippy
07-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Already secured a 40' dock space at the Contessa in Bolton's landing were we will be staying in August.
Thank you George & Matty for the helpful information.

jl1962
07-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Yep
Norowal

They will ding you for a modest launch fee (other ramps on LG do not).
The inspection part is free (on my 18). Don't know if it's different for a bigger boat w/ a head.

We'll be up 8/5-8/19
Bring that thing up north!

scippy
07-14-2017, 11:11 PM
J.......I think the Contessa resort has a private launch?? We'll be just missing you :frown: We arrive the week of Aug. 20th

93viperboy
07-15-2017, 05:59 AM
Norwal in Bolton or Million Dollar in Lake George Village are your best bets for launching a 35. I live on the lake if you need to know anything about it. Inspections are free. They take a few minutes. Either ramp has staff from LGPC to inspect. Make sure your bilge is dry.

scippy
07-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Norwal in Bolton or Million Dollar in Lake George Village are your best bets for launching a 35. I live on the lake if you need to know anything about it. Inspections are free. They take a few minutes. Either ramp has staff from LGPC to inspect. Make sure your bilge is dry.

Thanks Gary I sent you a PM......Pete

DON N.
07-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Inspection is free parking $10.00 * parking is limited to 30 truck / cars with trailers . ( you can't separate trailer from tow vechicle to park in car spots ) .

scippy
07-26-2017, 12:37 AM
Thanks Don..........I already secured a spot for my trailer on my friends property so that's taken care of. The boat will be launched in bolton's landing not far from the Contessa resort.