PDA

View Full Version : Who Was That

Offset
07-05-2017, 07:05 AM
July 4/17 heading north early afternoon on Highway 400 just above Toronto a pickup towing a trailer with Connecticut plates with a dark blue Donzi with twin motors. White bottom with red stripe?

Assume heading to Gravenhurst for the boat show but this beast looked stunning. Decal on pickup truck gave a clue as to what it was "FINO".

Just wondering who is the lucky owner. Travel safe and enjoy the Canadian lakes.

woobs
07-05-2017, 08:35 AM
I'll be at the show this weekend so, if I see it there I'll do some digging around!

Rob M
07-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Bet it was a Spitfire.

olredalert
07-10-2017, 10:47 AM
----That was just me with the old El Pescador. It wasn't a pickup though. It was my Suburban, and both truck and trailer had Michigan tags. Had a great time in Gravenhurst at the show and an even better time at a certain location north of there for an unbelievable dinner party! Thanks for the compliment. Made my rainy day!!!......Bill S

Offset
07-10-2017, 11:27 AM
And they question witnesses at crime scenes as to what they saw. Michigan? Really? Not a pick up truck? But but but….that is not what I saw…...:confused:

Beautiful looking boat and I am really glad you had fun. Come on, you have to elaborate on the dinner party!!!

Thanks for letting me know. Did I at least get the boat colours right???

woobs
07-10-2017, 11:43 AM
I have been to this show for over 20 years... and worked it the past few. This year I didn't even get to "A" dock... and only to B1 on "B" dock as that's where my boat was moored. I was working the ACBS T shirt tent for most of the day... but, I took a break in the early afternoon to go to "C" dock to see the Donzi's I knew were there.

To my disappointment, the El Pescador was already gone as was the Donzi 14 baby.

To make up for it, the YNOT boys were there with their Express Cruiser and "BB", the big bad benchseat Hornet. What a lovely boat, beautifully redone. She's way better in person than the pictures (and it's awesome in the pics). Unfortunately, I had to get back to work and had to decline a ride in BB. I'm sure I'll regret that for a long, long time. Thanks guys for coming to the show hanging around so everyone had a chance to see & hear your beautiful boats. These guys "get it".

smidgen too
07-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Here are a few pic's Of Bill's El Pescador @ another boat show in Canada a few years ago..

Morgan's Cloud
07-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Here are a few pic's Of Bill's El Pescador @ another boat show in Canada a few years ago..

Thanks for supplying what I was about to ask for :biggrin.:

Not many C/Cs can pull it off like that one does . It's the whole package !

Rob M
07-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Incredible looking Hornet. The Chris Craft Express was equally cool. Nice job Aaron and Ben! Bill's 24 looked awesome too - no pics unfortunately.

Rob M
07-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Sean - sorry we missed you. Happy to show you the boat anytime. Rob

woobs
07-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Sean - sorry we missed you. Happy to show you the boat anytime. Rob

No worries Rob... you're local and I'll see your boat soon I imagine.
I actually saw it under a tarp at the Boatworks a couple years back.... It'd just be nice to see it in the water.

olredalert
07-11-2017, 05:11 PM
----I also have to apologize for not tracking you down, Sean! Saw what I thought was your boat but it was lonely at the time. Hopefully next year.......Bill S

woobs
07-12-2017, 04:46 PM
No worries Bill, just really wanted to see that El Pescador up close... Would have liked to meet you also :)
Yes, my boat was lonely all day as I worked the T-shirt concession for the ACBS.

Hey, did any of you guys buy a shirt?

chip w
07-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Hey, did any of you guys buy a shirt?

I didn't get a shirt (wasn't there) but if they're still available I'd like to get one. You could send it to my office in Mississauga. Let me know. Thx. Chip

woobs
07-13-2017, 10:50 AM
I didn't get a shirt (wasn't there) but if they're still available I'd like to get one. You could send it to my office in Mississauga. Let me know. Thx. Chip
Sure, what size at you?
PM me with your address and I'll figure out shipping costs.

Cheers,
S.

chip w
07-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Thanks, PM sent.

I saw the shirts on the other site and they look nice.

I grew up in upstate NY and spent a lot of time on the "River" with my mom and step dad. My mom's best friend married a guy who's dad owned one of the islands and castles in Clayton. His brother's name was Clayton, named after the town. Unfortunately they're all gone now but I still have many fond memories for A'Bay and Clayton. It was a great part of my life back then.

woobs
07-13-2017, 05:20 PM
1000 Islands are a very beautiful place.

This show was in Muskoka though.... still want a shirt?

chip w
07-14-2017, 11:02 AM
1000 Islands are a very beautiful place.

This show was in Muskoka though.... still want a shirt?

Sure! :)

bertsboat
07-16-2017, 06:42 AM
[. Rob, you have to stand up when you take pictures! Sorry I was not there but next year for sure. Bert
Q

UOTE=Rob M;668439]Sean - sorry we missed you. Happy to show you the boat anytime. Rob[/QUOTE]