PDA

View Full Version : Bennett auto tab retractors not working.

Carl C
07-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Tabs work fine but auto retractor quit working. Is there something simple or common that I should check first? Heading for the lake now and will check back in later. Thanks.

CHACHI
07-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Mine quit working due to a broken wire under the dash.

Small gauge, maybe 20 or 22

Ken

Carl C
07-03-2017, 06:17 PM

Ken

Thanks. I'll start there but after the holidays. Been boating everyday.

yeller
07-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Mine quit years ago. You should find a small "box" under your dash that is the auto retract relay.
https://bennetttrimtabs.com/product/auto-tab-retractor/
In my case that is what went. I took it out. Was actually glad it went, because I always hated the auto retract.

Carl C
07-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Ken

Guess what? A little tiny wire under the dash broke where it goes into an inline fuse holder! Good call.

Mine quit years ago. You should find a small "box" under your dash that is the auto retract relay.
https://bennetttrimtabs.com/product/auto-tab-retractor/
In my case that is what went. I took it out. Was actually glad it went, because I always hated the auto retract.

I'm really considering disconnecting the auto retract too. I've kind of gotten use to not having it. Right now it's working again but I can just remove the inline fuse to deactivate it.

Morgan's Cloud
07-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Guess what? A little tiny wire under the dash broke where it goes into an inline fuse holder! Good call.

I'm really considering disconnecting the auto retract too. I've kind of gotten use to not having it. Right now it's working again but I can just remove the inline fuse to deactivate it.

Dontcha love it when the advice is good and the problem is small !

Carl C
07-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Dontcha love it when the advice is good and the problem is small !

Yep. Sure do.

VetteLT193
07-06-2017, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't mind putting a switch on the auto retract to enable/disable it. When I'm out boating all day I kinda want it off but at the end of the day it's nice.