PDA

View Full Version : Speed Kills: Travolta to play Aronow

yeller
04-12-2017, 11:23 AM
How is it I'm the first to post this. I'm always so far behind....:)

http://www.powerboatnation.com/travolta-to-star-as-aronow-in-new-blockbuster-speed-kills/#

I was apprehensive that this movie would ever be made. Good to see a big name in the lead role.
Even looks similar. :yes:

John C in PA
04-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Should be "Messing with the Mothers And Fathers Italian Association" kills.

John C

Lenny
04-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I read that about a week ago. No idea ( obviously ) how it will turn out, but Travolta seems to provide great performances.

Watch boat prices go up a couple months later after the showing.

Thx Glen :)

Ghost
04-12-2017, 11:39 PM
2 words: "Broken Aronow."

gcarter
04-13-2017, 09:28 AM

Ha!:yes:

f_inscreenname
04-13-2017, 09:41 AM

here is two more .... Christian Slater

Carl C
04-13-2017, 04:56 PM
John is 2 days older than me! It doesn't seem like there would be enough interest in this for a theater run. I'd expect it to go direct to video but either way I'm looking forward to it.

Ghost
04-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Who could play Brownie?

yeller
04-14-2017, 10:39 AM
John is 2 days older than me! It doesn't seem like there would be enough interest in this for a theater run. I'd expect it to go direct to video but either way I'm looking forward to it.I don't know about that. What does anyone know about any movie before it is advertised? Your thinking only people that know about Aronow would go. Excitement (racing), humour (Brownie), deceit, betrayal, murder. It has the makings of a really great movie, even if it was fictional.

Morgan's Cloud
04-14-2017, 03:21 PM
As someone said elsewhere a while ago , hopefully someone knowledgeable will be called in to get the facts right so that viewers in the know will be happy .

It would be all too easy to fill this movie with fluffy and sensational inaccuracies that would annoy a lot of people .

As an example , many decades ago , Peter Benchley the creator of the movie 'Jaws' filmed a movie out here that had us lot scratching our heads with many of the scenes running backwards .
Of course, to the uninformed it all appeared just fine , but we were like wtf ? ?

Ghost
04-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Yes but...Jacquie Bissett. :)

yeller
04-15-2017, 02:40 AM
Yes but...Jacquie Bissett. :)You're showing your age. Bissett who?
Ok, ok, I enjoyed that part of the movie too.