PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Donzi Bench Seat Hornet

Scott Pearson
03-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I am putting "The Sting" up for sale now. This is a 1968 Donzi Bench Seat Hornet. Its one of the nicest Hornets in existence and hands down one of the nicest Classic Donzi's out there. No expense was spared in the deck off restoration of this Rare Donzi. Visually the boat is completely period correct with all hardware, interior, color etc. being how it was when it left the 188th street. Only difference is the Mercruiser 383 stroker re-power package and the dash was remade to add two more gauges. Every single piece of this Donzi has been redone. All new stringers, transom, coring, gelcoat, fuel tank, chrome,etc...etc. Way to much to list here but I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.I have attached a few pictures and will be glad to post any that you might want. The engine in the pictures is a fuel injected motor. Mercrusier had a few issues with this particular engine at the time and we removed it and replaced it with another Mercrusier 383 stroker carburated engine. The boat has less then 40 hours on it and the engine has about 5 hours on it. It sits on a Performance Trailer that was built specifically for the boat. The trailer wheels were changed out to old school steel wheels with dish hubcaps.
There is close to 100K invested in this boat. I'm asking 50K or best offer. I would like this Donzi to go to the right person who will care for it like I have. Any questions please let me know.

Scott Pearson
03-14-2017, 03:22 PM
More Pictures

greggbbk
05-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Did this boat sell?

Greg

1986 Donzi Hornet III "Tahoe Arrow"

Scott Pearson
05-24-2017, 05:59 PM
No. Still have it. Nobody even came to look at it.

greggbbk
05-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Scott, do you have a pic of the replacement 383 you put in the boat?

What is overall length on trailer?

Thanks,

Greg
(415) 500-1583

Scott Pearson
05-26-2017, 05:36 AM
Sorry I do not have pictures of the current engine. The boat is in storage. It looks the same as the one in the pictures pretty much. Also the overall length I am not sure. Maybe 23 feet.

lars
05-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Hope All Donzi fans & their Loved Ones are having a blessed Memorial Day.

When this memorable Hornet had it's first Memorial Day, it fell on Tuesday May 30th.

Things have changed since then, but that the ride in these amazing performance boats

'till this day has no equal is a fact and my wish is that the right caretaker heads over to

Scott's wonderful collection of boats and make this one their special ride.

These two photos sum this beauty up to me.

greggbbk
06-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Scott, what is your email address?

Greg

HOWARD O
06-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Man oh man, I've had some nice dreams with this boat in it. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

It's a STEAL at that price. Ultra, ULTRA rare model, lovingly and knowledgeably restored and there's just nothing finer.......NOTHING!

Oh....hi guys! :lookaroun:

Scott Pearson
06-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Scott, what is your email address?

Greg

spearson@ppg.com