PDA

View Full Version : Lost a great guy yesterday...

JimG
03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
We lost a great friend yesterday...

What can you say about Marvin Johnson? A man's man, his head high always, a friend to all. Marvin inspired, and drew folks to him. Marvin had a way of making everyone feel their worth, something I admire deeply, and aspire to.

My dear Marv, I know you are in a better place now... but my memories go back to a sunny day on West Galveston Bay...

My little yellow Donzi was trying hard to keep up with that monster red machine of yours, as we streaked across Jones Lake heading for the sand bar in Offatts. You knew the cuts there like the back of your hand, but I was lost without you leading me. You slowed just before that tricky, narrow opening into the ICW so that I could see the spindly cane poles that marked the entrance. I can still feel the spray from your Donzi on my face that day, and I still feel the bond we built just doing what we loved. And sharing that joy between us.

I will never forget you, and the love you showed Janet and I from he beginning. Never have I know a better soul, or a bigger man. See you later, my friend.

Our prayers are with Sharon, the boys and the many, many friends that loved Marvin. May you find peace.

I am sure that Marvin and Scot are WFO up there, jumping wakes!!

chip w
03-09-2017, 09:37 AM
My condolences to family and friends. It's nice that you have such good memories to carry with you.

gcarter
03-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Sorry to read this.
I never met him but I knew he was one of the Clear Lake Gang!
RIP!

Conquistador_del_mar
03-09-2017, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend Marvin. Your tribute would make him happy to have had you as a friend.

Offset
03-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Rest in Peace Marvin.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Really sorry for the loss of someone who obviously was very special to you.

Ed Donnelly
03-09-2017, 08:10 PM
A sad day for many..Ed

Carl C
03-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Nice profile picture of him. Sad story ...

Capevettes
03-11-2017, 05:53 AM
Sorry about the loss of your friend. Sounds like he was a great guy that enjoyed life to the fullest. Tough to lose a great friend. Cherish the memories.

Ghost
03-11-2017, 11:29 AM
My condolences to his family and friends.

yeller
03-11-2017, 06:01 PM
That's so sad to hear.
RIP

JimG
03-10-2018, 08:41 PM
One year ago, we lost a good Donzi brother... Rip Marvin. You are sorely missed...