PDA

View Full Version : BBlades releasing new prop - Good fit for 22?

CanadianEhTeam
02-10-2017, 10:50 AM
https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-news/4251-bblades-to-debut-two-new-props-in-miami

Unsubstantiated test reports from a (third party?) user on offshoreonly indicate that it did well on a Classic 22.

"We tried them on 28 Pantera, 27 Avanti, 27 Kryptonite, 22 Donzi(totally eliminated the porpoise), 30 Superboat, 27 Progression, 28 Velocity and some others im forgetting."

I'd love to find something that let me focus less on trim/tabs and more on enjoying the ride.

Will be looking for more info following the Miami show.

Pat McPherson
02-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Any idea on the cost?

CanadianEhTeam
02-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Any idea on the cost?

I've got an email into Brett asking just that. He's at the Miami boat show now through Feb 22 - so I don't expect a response until after that unfortunately.

Conquistador_del_mar
02-10-2017, 12:19 PM
I've got an email into Brett asking just that. He's at the Miami boat show now through Feb 22 - so I don't expect a response until after that unfortunately.

Brett is very good about responding so don't be surprised if he gets right back to you.

Pat McPherson
02-10-2017, 12:54 PM
I was planning to have Brett lab my Mirage to see if I can hit 75mph.
Currently my boat tops out at 72ish with Rev 4 and 73ish with Mirage.
Maybe $$ better spend on a different prop; not going to buy if big bucks like his other custom props are though...

Carl C
02-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Thanks for posting that. Here is the discussion on OSO with more info: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/344547-bblades-debut-two-new-props-miami.html

KrausMotorSports
02-12-2017, 10:39 PM
good to know. I'll be testing props hopefully towards end of summer

Pat McPherson
02-14-2017, 11:50 AM
$100-$150 more than a Merc Rev 4 or Bravo 1.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/prop-talk/344593-bblades-releases-2-new-bblades-propellers-marke.html

Adding a couple thoughts to my last post:

I love the Rev 4 on my boat right out of the box and others have also had success. Problem is they only come in a max of 25p so guys with more than about 400HP cant really run them.

The Bravo 1 in it stock form is not a great choice for old school V bottoms but can be modified to work vary well. Problem I see with that is your cost goes way up. I had over $800 into a labbed 28p B1 I ran on my old Superboat.

This new choice may just be the ticket right our of the box for guys running 22s with 450+HP...

RockyS18
02-20-2017, 09:53 PM
I ran it on my 22 (friends with the guy who made the OSO post) and it seriously cut down on the porpoising that is standard on our boats. I do have a 2" higher X-dimension for what its worth also. Ran great on the raceboat too (30 Superboat).

Carl C
02-21-2017, 06:43 AM
I ran it on my 22 (friends with the guy who made the OSO post) and it seriously cut down on the porpoising that is standard on our boats. I do have a 2" higher X-dimension for what its worth also. Ran great on the raceboat too (30 Superboat).

I don't have a problem controlling porpoise with a Bravo 1 prop. Were there any other benefits?

RockyS18
02-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Bravo 1 is what I normally use also, but the BBlades was even better on porpoising directly compared. Off the shelf it had very little slip. The Bravo 1 I use is 28p and the BBlades was a 26p so I can't compare top end to those, but compared to a 26p labbed Bravo 1 which I've used in the past I got 1 more mph out of the BBlades.

Carl C
02-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Bravo 1 is what I normally use also, but the BBlades was even better on porpoising directly compared. Off the shelf it had very little slip. The Bravo 1 I use is 28p and the BBlades was a 26p so I can't compare top end to those, but compared to a 26p labbed Bravo 1 which I've used in the past I got 1 more mph out of the BBlades.

I run a 30p Bravo 1 labbed by Brett at BBlades.

yeller
02-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Very interested in this prop. I ran 4 different props on my boat and never noticed any difference in porpoising between them. They all sucked. :lookaroun:
If I could find a prop that would settle my boat down, I'd have no problem forking over $700 for it. I'd like to get rid of the BlackHawk, but so far it's the best setup I've found for my boat.

Rocky, are you running a standard Bravo, or are you 2" higher because of a shorty?
Besides controlling porpoising, how was the high speed handling compared to your other prop(s).

RockyS18
02-21-2017, 11:30 PM
I run a 30p Bravo 1 labbed by Brett at BBlades.

Yeah both the 28p and 26p I referenced are BBlades labbed too

Very interested in this prop. I ran 4 different props on my boat and never noticed any difference in porpoising between them. They all sucked. :lookaroun:
If I could find a prop that would settle my boat down, I'd have no problem forking over $700 for it. I'd like to get rid of the BlackHawk, but so far it's the best setup I've found for my boat.

Rocky, are you running a standard Bravo, or are you 2" higher because of a shorty?
Besides controlling porpoising, how was the high speed handling compared to your other prop(s).

I'm running a standard XR drive, however my X-dimension is 2" higher because I have the 009. High speed handling was great, boat was very secure and aired out nicely at WOT. I am 100% going to purchase one for my boat, I'm pissed I had to give it back!

yeller
02-22-2017, 08:35 AM
High speed handling was great, boat was very secure and aired out nicely at WOT.
Thanks Rocky.
How did it compare to your other props at wot?

I forgot you purchased an 009 boat. Very cool boat. :thumbsup:

CanadianEhTeam
02-22-2017, 08:44 AM
I'll pose the question to BBlades when they return from Miami but what pitch should I be considering? Right now I'm running the factory Mirage Plus 25P behind a Bravo 1 and 496HO.

Might give it a try at the start of the season and see if they'll take it back with a restocking fee if it doesn't work for me (or sell for a few hundred less locally if there's a market I guess).

yeller
02-22-2017, 08:59 AM
I was thinking the same thing in regards to trying one out. I know for sure he'll take it back in exchange for another prop (for a fee), so he might allow a full return.

jtr2kwl
02-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Yeah both the 28p and 26p I referenced are BBlades labbed too

I'm running a standard XR drive, however my X-dimension is 2" higher because I have the 009. High speed handling was great, boat was very secure and aired out nicely at WOT. I am 100% going to purchase one for my boat, I'm pissed I had to give it back!

Well, gee, thanks for the heads up!

:)

Carl C
02-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Well I'd sure like to try one. Want to try a 28 M+ too.

RockyS18
02-22-2017, 11:19 PM
Thanks Rocky.
How did it compare to your other props at wot?

I forgot you purchased an 009 boat. Very cool boat. :thumbsup:

I haven't ran the 26p Bravo 1 on my boat in a long time so I honestly don't remember and can't compare apples to apples here! If I recall correctly WOT with the 28p requires a bit more driving than the 26p BBlades, but that's probably just due to me going faster with the 28p. I can safely say that WOT was cake with the 26p BBlades and I could've taken my hand off the wheel.

93viperboy
02-23-2017, 07:23 AM
I would like to try one on my 22. Will call the guys at Performance.

CanadianEhTeam
11-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Now that the prop has been available for a season, has anyone had an opportunity to try one? I’d love to be the guinea pig but when I bought my 22C I only planned to keep it for a couple years so didn’t plan to change much.

given how much I love the boat I may change my mind when it comes time to list next season. If that’s the case, a new prop might be a great Xmas idea.