PDA

View Full Version : New plexiglass for windscreen needed

Leeee
01-27-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm looking for the 3 new panels to put my windshield on and finally splash my 89 all red 22c has been 4 years trying to get it completed. I saw a couple of links in past of members getting new ones done.

22classic
01-27-2017, 12:35 PM
I was interested in doing this too. I can order the material and cut them out, I don't know if there is any benefit of scale. Perhaps someone has a 3d model we could use and i can have them laser cut?

What is the best material to use?

RickSE
01-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Is 89 the all plexi windshield or does it have the stainless frame?

gcarter
01-27-2017, 05:13 PM
I did this w/my '88 Testa Rossa 22C. It had a stainless frame.
The original three pieces were all there but had much better days.
The corners were broken and had many cracks.
I took them w/me to the plastics store and they duplicated them
perfectly in 1/4 thick acrylic compete w/perfect mounting holes
that aligned perfectly w/the holes in the deck. It was reasonably
priced.
Here's a short thread on it:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?68654-New-Windshield&highlight=

Another bit @ post #1508 :
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?50476-Now-I-m-getting-serious/page101

I found a usable two piece gasket at a glass shop that worked well. The gasket was designed for
shower doors and very inexpensive.

Leeee
01-27-2017, 05:21 PM
Yes the 89 is a stainless frame windscreen thanks for the advice

RickSE
01-30-2017, 10:13 AM
I have a post buried in here somewhere for when I replaced my windshield. I used Makrolon AR (Abrasion Resistant) Gray 130 polycarbonate for my replacement material. One thing you need to be careful about is you have to pre-drill the screw holes and use grommets. This is the best way to keep the material from cracking at the screw holes.

Leeee
01-30-2017, 04:31 PM
I was interested in doing this too. I can order the material and cut them out, I don't know if there is any benefit of scale. Perhaps someone has a 3d model we could use and i can have them laser cut?

What is the best material to use?

Going to go this week or next to get a estimate to make the 3 new pieces. I'm sure they will be happy to make a second set . Pm me if u want a set also